Bart Allen || The Price Of A Better World [R1]

Title: The Price Of A Better World
season 1

Y/n - Your Name
Note - I realize that there are two different ways I could go on about this. The Marvel way or The Back To The Future way. It's the latter, but maybe one day I'll do the Marvel way.

For now, we'll call this Reality1 (R1)

I should be doing my homework right now.

OH HEY FOLKS IM UPDATING IT A SECOND TIME BECAUSE I FORGOT SOMETHING AT THE VERY END
(u already know we out here doing Marvel's after-credit scenes)

(plEase cut me some slack I was literally passing out and I thought I was done)

-

You went down the crater and saw Bart tinker with his contraption. A time machine, he would call it.

It pained you to know that he was going to leave, and probably wouldn't come back.

"I wish I could come." You say, your voice raspy and heavy as you try to hold back your emotions.

"I wish you could too, but there's only room for one." He finished up his machine and turned around to face you. "She's a beaut, isn't she?"

"Yeah," you nod.

Bart furrows his eyebrows.

"I wish you wouldn't go," your frown deepens and tears start to fall. You wiped away at the tears, trying to take a deep breath.

"I don't want to either, but I have to. I'm going to fix everything." He comes closer and pulls you into a hug. "I'm going to make it a better place for everybody."

"What if you don't come back? What if you don't want to come back? I'm sorry, I'm just worried, I don't want to lose you." You hug him tighter. The shock collar around your neck made it slightly uncomfortable but you didn't care.

"I just want you to stay safe while I'm gone. I'll be back. Promise you'll wait for me?" He whispered.

You pull away and try not to start bawling. Taking a deep breath, you respond with, "I promise."

He placed a kiss on your forehead, and turned to walk towards the machine.

This may be your only chance, your conscience says to itself. Take the chance.

Your fear and anxiety held you back, and you tried to call for him, but you couldn't.

He entered the machine, looking at you, "See you in a minute." He smiled before closing the door. The engine revved to life, and while it started up, Bart looked at you through the thick window.

You held up half a heart with your hand.

He laughed, holding up the other half.

His facial features changed when he looked at something behind you.

He slams the window with his hands, his words too muffled to make out.

Suddenly the light that surrounds you darkens and your shadow is swallowed by a bigger one. You turn around slowly and end up staring at blue and black armor.

Blue Beetle. You look up and take a few steps back. You try to get away but he firmly grasps your shoulder and locks you into place.

"If I can't get him, I suppose you will do instead." He forces you to turn back around and look at Bart.