Bart Allen || Casted Away {Part One}

Title: Casted Away

Y/N - Your Name
Note - Alright dudes I just wanna start this by saying that this one shot sounds ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! LIKE????? I don't even know if I can write it as good as the summary sounds

Disclaimer: Just here to remind you that half of the things here are probably not real. Probably.

-

3RD PERSON
Impulse

"Guys! I got an Idea." Impulse nearly shouts. Blue beetle wacks him, widening his eyes and tapping his forehead to signify that he should be talking in the mind link.

"I can literally go inside and check if this really is her place and if Poison Ivy is in there right now, and come back. They won't even notice." He suggests. M'gann, Blue, and Batgirl look at him like he's crazy.

"Impulse, are you crazy? No! You don't even know what's in there." Batgirl dismisses the idea, but Impulse wouldn't let it go. 

"I'll be right back."

"Impulse, no-" M'gann says, but it's too late. By the time she finishes that sentence, he's already gone. However, he's not out of range so he can still hear the "o" being prolonged. Throughout the whole thing. It happens sometimes. It be like that sometimes, he thinks to himself.

While he sees everything in slow motion, he sees a black feathery figure hunched over the lazy making some odd sounds. The wings cover their form, so he can't tell if it's a human or some demon spawn. Or, maybe just his imagination.

He shakes his head, continuing into the hidden base and looking around for everything. It's empty, every single room, barren. He looks around for any papers, files, or hidden trap rooms. The place is completely empty other than a pen, but he takes the pen anyways. Who knows? Could be a secret flashdrive or something.

On his way back, he sees the figure in the exact same place (Obviously, since it hasn't even been a second yet). The figure moves rather quickly, its wing slowly yet quickly at the same time move it's wing out of the way. Its eyes are bright, like the flashback in a picture. It sends chills, and he immediately makes an even faster break for it, faster than he's ever run.

When he gets back, M'gann finally finishes what she was saying.
"-o!"

"There's something back there. There's something back at the lake." He says, panting and bent over with his hands on his knees. Blue pats his back.

"Whoa, slow down ese. Qué Pasó?" 

"I was looking around, and there's this thing, sitting under a sketchy willow tree. It's got wings, and it's covering whatever figure is under it, and it's eyes looked STRAIGHT at me while I was speeding around and it just, I ran. I couldn't stay there. It's bad news, let's get out of here."

"Impulse. We're the good guys. It's our job to be the investigators."

"Well It's not our job to be dumb!" He stresses, but they're already walking back to the area he'd already labeled as the forbidden lands.

As they get closer, they hear the soft sound of somebody grieving. The soft sound of crying. Across the lake, it sits with its legs brought up to its chest and its wings covering everything. 

"Does that sound scary to you?" M'gann asks through the mindlink. Impulse huffs, crossing his arms.

The creature's head immediately pops up. Startled, it stands in haste, giant wings spread and it takes off, the dust flying.