Nightwing [Countdown Series] || Here's To The New Year

Title: Here's to the New Year

Y/n - Your Name
F/n - Friend Name (Female)
Note - dedicated to the new year, but like, a month after ;))
I published this a few days ago but turns out it didn't work and so I'm publishing this now :))

>>Announcement at the End<<

-

You stare at your computer, starting your final paragraph for an essay that was given to you over break to research more about the speed force.

You hear a pattern of footsteps; your roommate. She walks in.

"Heeey, buddy friend pal amigo pal friend buddy chummy chum chum amigo friend my dude," She walks in. You've known her long enough that when she carries on a sentence that long, she wants something.

"So, What goes on? Wow I like your clothes, anyway, so, anything you plan on doing today?" She leans over your chair, and her hair gets in your face.

"Why are you here." You brush her presence off.

"Beecaauuuussseee, the new year is coming soon - and I mean soon my friend - and my other friends are throwing a party that's going on right now as we speak. So... yeah," she shrugs, trying to be nonchalant. "I just thought it would be cool if one of my roommates would come."

You're her only roommate. You continue typing out your essay, she continues.

"I mean it's no biggie, like you know, my mom will be there, my aunt came in from Italy," she counts the people with her fingers, "Yeah and as a joke, we even invited the famous Waynes. They probably won't show - but hey, worth a shot. My p-" She looks at you still typing. "My point is, I thought that you could come with us for a little family friend bonding time, and, have... fun..." She comes to a trailed off stop, sighing loudly with a whinnied cry mixed with it, bending over in defeat.

You give in.
"What time."

She perks up, rushing to your side immediately.

"Well we can go in like a couple minutes if you want, I mean like its only 20 minutes til the new year comes rolling in, and it's not far away. Wear something casual if you want to, your choice. Wow, you're really coming? You're so amazing, and not the complete loner that people have come to think that you are because you always shut everybody out and never socialize - you're gold." She pats your back, smiling.

"Yeah, yeah. Give me a couple minutes." You shoo her away, giving her a scrutinizing gaze, ignoring her summary of what people think of you.

You glance at your wrist watch, 12:40 AM. Your wrist watch just so happens to be next to your clock, which is 19 m 55 s. Interesting.

You shrug, throwing on a jacket with blue streaks coming down the side of your arms, and follow her into her car.

You watch the cars pass by and the buildings become blurry as the car picks up speed. You rest your elbow on the bottom of the window and you rest your cheek on your hand.

"So where is it at?" You ask her, watching her intently. She taps the driver wheel with her fingers, whistling.

"Oh, well it's like a club. Not far, and it's not for certain any specific age range, they have kid friendly rooms, so we brought along some of the children, too." She says, making a right. "I think the reviews for this place was like 5 stars."

"I don't know your friends." You add in as a side note.

"Yeah, but I'm gonna introduce them to you. This one girl I met in Gotham, yeah she's chief Gordon's daughter. She's cool, so I think you'll get along fine with her. Oh and another guy I met while I was near Keystone high, this dude literally ran into my car by accident. The irony, right? So anyways I asked if he was okay and he said sure, we exchanged names and I asked him if he wanted to join us, and he said he'd be there. Did you see that small bump on the passenger door?"