Dick Grayson || I Knew It Was You

Title: I Knew It Was You
season 1.5

Y/n - Your Name
Note - a late Halloween gift sweethearts

-

October 31st

There are many things that can be done in Gotham. For example: buy street food, find a 80's themed diner, go to a futuristic bar, buy drugs (but nobody talks about that part... haha....... moving on), and even just stroll around the city. All of these things can be fun and exciting things to do in Gotham City.

Except for when night falls.

Even without super-powered villains on the loose, it's a dangerous task to walk home at night.

You were walking down the road, which you, personally, found safer than walking on the sidewalks.

You ignore the wolf whistles that tried to capture your attention. Keeping your head low, trying to steady your breathing as your hands get clammy and your arms involuntarily begin to shake.

There was still a long walk to go in order to get to the bus stop.

"Hey baby, why don't you show me a smile?"

You keep your eyes plastered to the ground as you keep walking, your heart race picking up. If I ignore it, they'll leave me alone, right?

"Hey, I'm talking to you!" The sound of several people's footsteps trailed behind you.

Just keep walking. You take bigger strides, your breaths becoming shallow and quick while contemplate breaking into a run when—

"Hey, y/n! I've been looking all over for you."

What?

You turn towards the source of the voice and see none other than Dick Grayson dressed as Nightwing walk out of an alleyway.

Waking out of any alley would concern you if you weren't so consumed by the problem at hand.

"Problem, men?" He stands tall, waiting for somebody to just say something. Waiting for somebody to try something.

You sigh, resting the shoulders that you didn't know were so stiff. The men following you were walking away.

"How did you know I was here?" You ask him, your heart still pounding.

When he got close enough, you engulfed him in a hug. You held him tightly by the waist, trying to slow your breathing so you don't start tearing up.

Dick seemed a little hesitant before telling you, "I saw you from the inside of a bar. You were walking pretty fast and in the middle of the street, so I figured you could use some company." His arms wrapped around you and he squeezed you gently.

The feeling of bliss and safety got you to calm down.

Dick keeps his arm around your shoulder as you two walk.

"Also really? You dressed as Nightwing?" You chuckled.

"Hey, I'm allowed to dress up on Halloween." He says, showing off his costume. But is it really a costume?

"So what are you doing out this late? You're usually on the bus, or home by now."

"Well I—wait. How'd you know where I'm usually at?"

"Well we do text each other. You weren't responding either, so that's also a reason I came out tonight. Not just to illegally drink."

"Ah, right. My phone died, and I didn't know until after work ended when they closed up. They had me stay a little longer because there was a customer, which was not fun but I did get tipped handsomely. Unsurprisingly, everything is dark and gloomy and spookier when you're not blasting music in your ear that's loud enough to give you—and the person ten feet away from you—tinnitus."