Space Colony Pt.2

Juliana's P.O.V.

We all turned at the sound of footsteps, seeing a man with a mask standing there menacingly.

"It really is Zolton," Adam gasped.

"Who are you?" Chase asked.

"You know exactly who I am," the man said.

My eyes widened in horror. I would know that voice anywhere, muffled or not. "No way," I murmured.

The man pressed a button on his helmet and it unfolded to reveal Krane, wearing a breathing plate!

"How...?" I breathed out, too stunned to say anything else. How on Earth was he still alive?!

"Krane," Dad sneered.

"I knew you'd show up sooner or later," Krane stated as he approached us.

"Get behind me," Chase whispered to me, grabbing my arm.

"Where's my wife?" Dad asked Krane. "And what have you done with the colonists?"

"In due time," Krane said. "But for now, what do you say we focus on our little reunion?"

Krane raised a hand and everyone got in a fighting stance, including me. I don't know how the hell Krane is alive, but I wasn't going to run from him.

"Just for the sake of asking, if we were to sacrifice Tasha-" Perry said, approaching Krane.

"Get over here," Leo snapped, pulling Perry back.

"You were blasted miles in the sky," I stated. "How are you even alive?"

"And what are the odds he'd land here?" Adam asked.

Krane tried to talk, but his speech was garbled and sounded weird.

"What?" Chase asked.

"I said-" Krane said before his speech went garbled again.

"Still not gettin' it," Adam said as he approached Krane. "Sounds like something's jammed in your air duct."

Krane smacked his breathing plate. "Better?" We all agreed and Krane raised his arm, threatening another attack. "When I fell back to Earth, I sustained severe injuries. This face plate helps me breathe."

"Well, I think I speak for all of us when I say it's an upgrade," I quipped with a sneer. "Because that chain of paper clips you had hangin' off your face was not working."

Krane's hand flexed and he used his choke hold to grip around my throat and lift me up in the air before throwing me back down to the ground.

"Juliana!" Chase exclaimed as he ran to my side.

"Okay, still got that old trick," I rasped as I glared at Krane.

"And a few new ones, too," Krane stated. "You'll soon remember your place, Lilith."

"It's Juliana," I snapped, my blood boiling at the sound of that name.

"How did you get up here?" Leo asked.

"I used a cyber cloak, and pretended I was a colonist," Krane explained. He looked at Dad. "Remember Roberta from Kentucky?"

"It all makes sense now," Dad said. "The satellite, the hole in the dome. It was you."

"When I heard you were creating a space colony in another galaxy, I realized this was my perfect opportunity."

"To become a middle-aged Southern woman?" Adam asked.

"To create a new base camp for my bionic army! Far away from any meddling humans."

"Well, you don't have a bionic army anymore," Bree stated. "They work for us now."