Bionic Showdown Pt.2

Donald's P.O.V.

"What do you mean you're our father?" Chase asked.

"Yeah, he's our father!" Bree insisted, motioning to me. 

"No," Douglas stated. "That's what he's been telling you."

"Well," Adam said. "I don't know who you are but you're going down." 

Adam, Bree, and Chase were about to run at Douglas, when they teleported into the cage with me.

"You mastered short range teleportation before I did?" I asked. "I've been working on that for years!"

"I know," Douglas said with a grin. "I'm awesome."

"My super strength," Adam said as he flexed. "It's gone."

"So as my speed," Bree stated.

"I've got nothing," Chase said, trying to put his finger to his temple.

"That's because I've designed the lasers to block the signals from your bionic chips," Douglas explained. "That's right, daddy gave you toys, but he can also take them away. Come on Marcus, we've got work to do." 

Marcus and Douglas walked away, and Adam, Bree, and Chase turned to me.

"Mr. Davenport," Chase said. "Why did that guy say he was our father?"

"Because technically, he is your father," I said. "And my brother."

"What?" Juliana asked. 

Chase turned to see Juliana on the wall and his eyes widened. He turned to me, and I could tell he was angry. "How is that even possible?" He asked.

"Years ago," I explained. "Douglas and I started Davenport Industries together. It was great. We developed bionics so that robots could do the jobs that were too dangerous for people. But then Douglas went behind my back and implanted them into genetically engineered humans."

"You mean us?" Adam asked.

"No Adam," Bree said sarcastically. "The Green Bay Packers."

"Your bionic chips were never designed to be interfaced with the human nervous system," I said.

"So that's why we glitch?" Chase asked.

"Exactly."

"Ohhh," Adam said. "And all these years, I thought it was just 'cause you're a terrible scientist."

"Douglas also hid all kinds of secret codes in your chips. That's why you have all these mysterious new abilities popping up out of nowhere."

"So, if your brother created us, how did we end up with you?" Bree asked. 

"He wanted to make you into cyber-soldiers of mass destruction. But I knew if I raised you in a safe environment, I could train you to be bionic heroes. So I built the lab and I had you there."

"Wow," Chase said. "So everything we've ever known about ourselves, about you, it's all been..."

"One big lie," Juliana finished. I could tell she was angry, and I felt a pain in my chest. "This changes everything." 

"Look," I said. "I wanted to tell you guys, but I figured the less you knew, the safer you'd be."

"But we trusted you," Chase said. "I mean, if you were lying about this, then, who knows what else you were lying about?"

"Hello, family," Douglas said, walking in.

"We're not your family," Bree snapped. "Let us out of here."