The Jet-Wing

Juliana's P.O.V.

Dad, Leo, Chase, and Adam were hunched over a machine, trying to fix it. It suddenly electrocuted Dad, and everyone jumped in shock. I sighed and shook my head. It's been a few weeks now since the lab exploded, and Dad has been going crazy.

"Great!" Dad exclaimed sarcastically. "Everything in the lab is officially useless, and I don't have enough money to repair it."

"I know my mom didn't marry you for your money, but I haven't been putting with your antics for nothing," Leo said. 

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Bree came over and plopped down next to me.

"Mr. Davenport, take your time with the lab," Bree said. "I don't mind staying up here. Of course, it won't make up for living in a basement for sixteen years, but it's a start." 

I chuckled. "You also get to live with me, so that makes it better." 

"We don't have time," Dad snapped. "Your capsules have regenerative capabilities. They're crucial to your bionic infrastructures." 

Adam raised a brow. "Huh?" He asked.

"Let me help you," Chase said, standing close to Adam. "Capsule, good!" He said in a low and childish-like voice.

I giggled and got up and walked over to him.

"But I haven't been in my capsule all week and I feel fine," Bree said.

"Well, it's only a matter of time before your bionics go haywire," Dad explained. 

"Do you know when exactly?" Adam asked. "Because I have a haircut on Tuesday and if I glitch in the chair, I'm just gonna end up like that train wreck." 

He gestured to Chase's hair, and Chase frowned.

"I get it!" Chase snapped. "I'm short, I look like a lady golfer, and I have a terrible haircut! What else you got?" 

"How long do you have?" Adam asked, and I frowned. 

I ran a hand through Chase's hair and kissed his cheek.

"I love your hair," I whispered, my lips brushing over his ear. 

Chase shuttered a bit and I grinned. It was fun to tease him sometimes. 

"Look," Dad said. "The longer you go without your capsules, the more likely you'll glitch, so don't use your bionics until I can get enough money to rebuild the lab."

"Uh oh," Adam said. "I feel a glitch coming on!" Adam punched Chase and Chase and I sighed.

"Ow!" Chase exclaimed, walking closer to Adam and I let go of him. "You know what? I feel one coming on too." 

He pushed Adam off of the stool and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, it's not funny when you hurt me. It's just rude." 

Adam walked out of the room, and I chuckled, wrapping my arms around Chase's. He smiled down at me and kissed my head.

Later...

"Okay everybody, family meeting time," Dad said, and we all walked into the living room. Adam raised his hand. "Adam, you don't have to raise to hand to speak, just talk."

"Oh, I've got nothing to say," Adam said. "I'm just airing out my pits." 

I raised a brow and rolled my eyes.

"The reason I called this family meeting is because we have to make some cutbacks in the family budget, starting with losing our cellphones," Dad explained.