Perry 2.0

At School... Chase's P.O.V.

"Morning, germ sacks!" Perry exclaimed. "I know you've all been complaining that the technology around here isn't quite... state of the art. So, thanks to yours truly, we're getting cutting-edge equipment, for the whole school to enjoy. Jojo, Beddy! Come one ladies, wheel it like it's out! Behold, Mission Creek High's brand new, media center!" 

They took off a sheet to show us... a really really old TV set.

"I don't think you can call it technology if you have to change the channel with pliers," Leo muttered.

"Why do I smell Formaldehyde?" I asked.

"Because I found it on a curb outside the morgue!" Perry explained happily. "I'm getting all my Christmas presents there, too. Aunt Dotty's getting sheets!"

"How is this thing new?"

"It's new to you, lady face." 

I rolled my eyes and looked around for Juliana. I spotted her at her locker, and I made my way over to her. She turned to me, and I noticed she was wearing her glasses.

"Ran out of contacts again?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"It's not good for me to wear contacts all the time," she explained. "It hurts my eyes, so I decided to wear glasses for a little bit." 

I smiled and kissed her forehead. All the power went out, and I took Juliana's hand in mine. We looked over to see that Perry had tried to turn on that TV. Juliana put a hand over her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

Later in the Lab... Chase's P.O.V.

"Leo, read what's on page 47 in your history book," I said.

"I don't have a page 47," Leo said. "I have a 4, a 12, a 32, and what I hope is gum on 98."

"This book is so old. Listen to this, chapter four, 'horseless carriages taking over the streets of America.'"

"Other schools teach on tablets and laptops. We're reading from books that warn us the British are coming. We need to do something to bring Mission Creek High to the twenty-first century."

"Maybe I can help," Mr. Davenport said as he walked in.

"No." Leo and I said at the same time.

"What? I am a genius tech mobile, I could revolutionize your whole school. Why wouldn't you want me to help?"

"Because every time you try to help, it starts in a good place, but then your very large ego takes over and ruins everything," Leo said.

"That is not true, name one time."

"Last week you gave me a new backpack."

"You said you needed a new one."

"A backpack. Not this." 

Leo lifted his backpack, and I saw it had Mr. Davenport's face on it. I wrinkled my nose, and Juliana walked into the lab.

"Guys," she said. "Give Dad a chance. I mean... everyone deserves a chance right?" 

I smiled and wrapped an arm around Juliana's waist.

"Thank you, Juliana," Mr. Davenport said. "Guys, just give me a chance. This is about your school, not me." 

I looked at Leo, and Juliana gave me a pleading look. She looked too cute in her glasses.

"Alright," I said. "We'll give you a chance."