Three Minus Bree

Juliana's P.O.V.

"Hey," Bree said, walking up to Adam, Leo Chase, and me. "Did you guys know we had a Study Abroad program?"

"Why would I go to another country to do something I don't do here?" Adam asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Look. It says you get to spend a whole semester at a high school in Australia. And guess what? I applied." 

I smiled. "Cool!" I exclaimed, hugging Bree.

"Kelly Porter went last year," Leo said. "She got sucker-punched by a kangaroo."

"Well all right, I guess we're going to Australia," Adam said.

"Uh, no, no, no," Bree quickly said. "No way. This is my thing. I mean, I can finally be on my own. I can study, travel, make new friends..."

"Mmm, I hate to be a wet blanket-" Chase went to say. 

"No, you don't," Leo interrupted, and I chuckled.

"But Mr. Davenport is never gonna let you do this. You can't go on missions if you're halfway across the world."

"Well, sure I can," Bree said. "I mean, I haven't figured out all the details yet, but there's gotta be a way to make it work."

"Not unless these two can unlock a new ability to make up for you not being here," I said sadly.

"Ooh," Adam said. "Well maybe, I can unlock an ability where I disappear and reappear somewhere else. Let me try." Adam closed his eyes, squeezed his fists, and grunted. "Did it work?"

"You didn't do it long enough," Chase insisted. "Try it again. This time, more grunting." 

Adam did it again, and we moved to the other side of him. When he opened his eyes, we all cheered. I giggled, and made my way over to my locker. I opened it up, and turned to see Chase right behind me. I smiled, and he gently wrapped his arms around me. It's been two weeks now, my nose is healed, but not my ribs quite yet.

"How are your ribs?" Chase asked.

"Still hurts a lot," I said. "It hurts to breathe, but I try to breathe normally because I heard if you don't you can get a chest infection." Chase nodded and kissed my head softly. "I'll be better soon. Just about three or four more weeks until my ribs mend." 

Chase nodded and smiled. "That'll be perfect timing then." 

I raised a brow. "Why?"

"Just because."

Later... Chase's P.O.V.

"Bree, is there something you wanna tell me?" Mr. Davenport, asked as he entered the living room.

"I got this," Adam said. "Look, we all like you, but we think Tasha could've done better." 

Juliana rolled her eyes, and I chuckled.

"I just got a phone call that said you been accepted to study in Australia?" Mr. Davenport asked Bree.

"Wait, what?" Bree asked. "That's crazy! Did they mention what day I'm leaving?"

"You're not going."

"Why?"

"Come on, Bree!" I exclaimed. "It was obvious! Even Adam saw that one coming." 

Juliana elbowed me lightly.

"No idea what you're talking about," Adam said. "Already moved on to cold cuts."

"You can't abandon the team," Mr. Davenport said to Bree. "What if Adam and Chase picked up and left for a month?"

"Well then, I wouldn't have to go to Australia," Bree said. "I wouldn't just be leaving you guys. I can super speed back anytime you need me."