And Then There Were Four

Juliana's P.O.V.

"Good news, guys," Dad said. "I am totally free this weekend. No meetings, no conferences. Just two fun-filled days with me."

"So... no conferences at all?" Bree asked. "You know, if we looked really hard, I bet we could find you one."

"Are you saying you don't want to hang out with me?"

"Well, if she's not, I am," Adam said.

"Alright, what about you Leo?"

"Uhh... Big D, I'd love to, but I just really don't want to," Leo admitted.

"Don't worry, Mr. Davenport," Chase said. "I'll hang out with you."

"You know what?" Dad said. "I got a lot of work. Juliana, come help me."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry, I'll find something for us to do," I said. I looked over to see Douglas walking in, but he looked shocked. "Hey, Douglas. What's wrong with you?"

"I just got a phone call from Daniel," Douglas muttered.

"Who's Daniel?" Bree asked.

"Your brother."

My eyes widened in shock. There was another bionic sibling?! Of course there was another bionic sibling.

"We have another brother?" Chase asked.

"I never told anyone, but..." Douglas said before sighing. "I actually created four bionic superhumans. Adam, Bree, Chase, and Daniel."

"What is with you naming your children in alphabetical order?" Leo asked.

"It's better than their original names. Big boy, Little Boy, and Not A Boy."

"Another brother, huh?" Bree asked. "Would it kill you to throw some lip gloss and long hair into one of your test tubes?"

"I can't believe you never told me," Dad snapped. "Of all the rotten things you've done, this has got to be the worst."

"I had to keep the secret so Daniel would be safe," Douglas protested. "He was just a baby the day you stole these guys from me."

"Rescued."

"Stole!"

"Rescued!"

"Stole!"

"Rescued!"

"Okay, we get it!" Leo snapped. "You're both terrible people."

"Get to the point," I said.

Douglas nodded. "After Donnie ratted me out, I knew I'd be living on the run, so I found Daniel a nice family that was looking to adopt. That way, he could have a safe, normal life away from all my chaos."

"Well, how old is he?" Chase asked.

"Thirteen. He found some old records that listed me as his biological father, and he found my phone number, and here we are."

"Well, when do we get to meet him?" I asked.

"Whoa, whoa. I just talked to him for the first time. I don't think either one of us is ready for that."

"Well, what did he say?" Dad asked.

"That he's ready to meet me." We all gave him a look. "Okay, look, I just don't know if I'm ready to be a dad."

"Said the father to his three teenage kids," Bree muttered.

"Oh, come on," Chase insisted. "Have him visit. It'll be fun to have a little brother around."