Speed Trapped

Edited 4/28/24

In the Lab before school... Juliana's P.O.V.

"Tonight's the night!" Chase exclaimed. "The new frozen yogurt shop is opening! Fifty-two flavors and four of them are sugar-free." Bree gave him a weird look. "Oh, who are you kidding? You passed out the first time you discovered nail polish."

"I've heard of those yogurt places," Adam said. "They get you by charging extra for toppings. So, I'm bringing my own. You don't even wanna know what's in my pants." He slapped his thigh and winced. "Aah! Ooh! Hot butterscotch! Ooh!" 

I giggled a bit as Dad walked over.

"Sorry, you guys are coming straight home after school," Dad stated. "So no flavors, no froyo, no hanging with the bros, peeps, and homies."

"'Bros, peeps, and homies'?" Bree asked.

"Don't," I said. "Just... no."

"What's got you so grouchy?" Leo asked Dad. "They run out of human footstools at the rich-guy club?" I stifled a burst of laughter.

"Did you forget your little buddy Marcus found the lab yesterday?" Dad asked. "He could've discovered our bionic secret."

"Oh!" Bree exclaimed with sarcastic enthusiasm. "Okay, so it's our fault that your million-dollar smart home system didn't stop him?" 

"Don't go there, Supergirl," Eddy popped up on a screen. "I was getting my beauty sleep. Something you might want to look into." 

Dad rolled his eyes. "Look," he said. "It doesn't matter whose fault it was, even though someone was supposed to be watching him." He looked at Leo and me.

"Well, technically someone pulled Leo away, letting Marcus roam free," Leo defended himself, and Dad looked at me.

"Someone just went to go get him a drink," I said. "You can't sin hospitality."

"Guys," Adam hissed. "I think you're talking about each other." We all rolled our eyes.

"Bottom line, I am keeping a tighter leash on you three," Dad stated, motioning to Adam, Bree, and Chase. "And Leo, Juliana, because I can't always be there, you two have to step it up and do a better job of watching out for them."

"No problem, Big D," Leo said. "I may have let one goon get too close, but I won't let any more Marcus's slip through the cracks. From now on you can call Juliana and me the enforcers!" 

Some dark place... Marcus's P.O.V.

"No problem, Big D," Leo said. "I may have let one goon get too close, but I won't let any more Marcus's slip through the cracks. From now on you can call Juliana and me the enforcers!" 

I saw Juliana roll her eyes at that, and I scoffed at Leo.

"Leo's the enforcer?" I asked myself. "Capturing Adam, Bree, and Chase is gonna be easier than I thought."

Back at the lab... Juliana's P.O.V.

"The hammer is down, people," Leo stated. "No more talking to boys, no more talking to girls, no more helping old ladies to their cars!" 

Chase made a confused look. "I was helping your grandmother," he defended himself. 

Leo got really close to Chase's face. "Trust no one!" 

I sighed as I pushed Leo back from Chase. I had to agree with Leo, though. Marcus is bad news. And from what I saw, he's also bionic. Suddenly, Dad ran in.