Sink or Swim Pt.1

Thank you all so much for your comments, votes, and support! I'm so glad so many people have enjoyed this fanfic <3

Juliana's P.O.V.

I groaned and I opened my eyes to the sound of someone calling my name. I looked next to me to see mom, smiling weakly at me. I looked around and realized I was in the school gym on a cot.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Juliana," Mom said gently. "Do you remember Douglas?" I nodded. "He blew up the lab."

"What?!" I sat up and looked to see my stuff next to me.

"Principal Perry is letting us stay at the school until we can get our house back." 

My heart was pounding, and then the images from yesterday came flooding into my mind.

"I'm sorry I'll never be able to give you the life we dreamed of together."

Tears came back to my eyes, as the words Chase said sunk into my heart and mind. Mom wrapped an arm around me, and I buried my head into her side.

"We're going to find them, July." I looked up to see Dad and Leo. "Don't worry." 

I nodded, and let Mom comfort me.

On a freighter... Chase's P.O.V.

"I bet we're going to Acapulco," Adam said. "It's where all the cruise ships go."

"Adam, this is not a cruise ship," I said. "It's a cargo freighter."

"Well, whatever it is, we're on vacation. Okay? I'm making the most out of it."

"This is not a vacation," Bree snapped. "We're hiding from the FBI."

"And if they find out about us, we'll become government guinea pigs and Mr. Davenport will go to jail," I said. 

Adam sat on a large pile of ropes and put his sunglasses on. "Oh, will you relax?" Adam he. "Ah, it's nice to get away every once in a while, isn't it? And where is that waiter?" 

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I heard the door slam, and I looked around the corner to make sure no one was coming toward us.

"Okay, we're all clear," I said. "The crew just went to eat."

"If it's veal shank, I'm giving us up," Adam said. 

He went to stand up, but Bree pulled him back into his seat again.

"Adam!" Bree hissed. She turned to me. "So, what's our plan?"

"Well," I said. "As soon as we get wherever we're going, I guess we just blend in and live normal lives."

"So does this mean we're done with missions forever?" Adam asked.

"We have to be. Using bionics will only get us caught. Man, if I'm not mission leader anymore, I don't know who I am."

"Hey, don't worry, Chase. You'll have plenty of girl-friendless years ahead of you to figure it out." 

I clenched my fists. "Yeah, and what are you gonna do besides move pianos and mouth kiss every dog you see?"

"You can't shake their paws those things are filthy."

 I rolled my eyes. "We're just gonna have to learn to live like regular people. Kind of sad, isn't it?"

"If by 'sad' you mean 'awesome, I finally get to move far away from you two', then yes, tragic," Bree said. 

"You can move wherever you want," I said. "We're still gonna have to spend the rest of our lives looking over our shoulders."