Spike Vs. Spikette

HEAR ME OUT, OKAY, HEAR ME OUT 

Juliana's P.O.V.

"Next!" Douglas called, and a new student came forth. Douglas pressed a device to the student's neck, a line of students waiting for their turn.

"Douglas, doing a price check on bionic kids?" Leo quipped as he, Adam, Bree, and Chase turned the corner.

"Ooo, I wonder how much I'm worth," Adam wondered.

"Well, we could sell you for parts and find out," Chase said with a bright smile.

"Alright, well just don't sell the part that does this." Adam punched Chase in the arm

"Ow!"

"We're just cataloging everyone's bionic abilities," Douglas explained.

"Count me in," Adam said.

"We already know what your abilities are, Adam," I said as I checked another student.

"Oh, okay, you got me. I just really like waiting in lines."

Adam stepped into the front of the line and I rolled my eyes.

"In addition to the bionics we already know they have, Krane also gave them a lot of weird hidden abilities," I explained.

"I wanted to get a grip on what we're dealing with," Douglas said.

"What does that guy have?" Bree asked, pointing to a student with glowing orange hands.

"Check it out," Douglas said with a big smile, grabbing a raw burger. "Oh no, my lunch is undercooked! Oh, thermo hands!"

The student walked over and Douglas placed the burger between his hands, the student cooking it in about two seconds.

"Why thank you," Douglas said to the student with a smile.

"Sweet ability dude," Adam said, giving him a high five. "Ow! Hot! Hot! Hey, those things are dangerous."

"Try it again, I'm sure they've cooled down," Bree said with a grin.

"Oh nah, I'm not falling for that." He turned to the student. "Heh, I got her." He gave him another high five. "Ow!"

Adam walked off and I laughed, turning back to the students.

"See you at lunch, kitten?" Chase asked, coming up behind me and kissing my cheek."

"Of course, my mission leader," I said with a big smile, catching the way the student I was checking rolled their eyes, but that didn't matter. I was happy, and Chase was happy.

Later... Chase's P.O.V.

Juliana, Bree, and I were eating lunch together when Douglas interrupted.

"Hey, Chase," he said. "You are not going to believe this, another student has the commando app!"

"What?" I asked, surprised. "I thought I was the only one with that app."

"Yeah, you're not that special."

Bree hummed in agreement and I sent her a look.

"Don't look at me, I've been trying to tell you that for years," Bree stated.

"So, which one of these manly warriors is following in my footsteps?" I asked, standing and motioning to some of the male students training.

Douglas grabbed my face and turned it over to where a student, Kate, was struggling to open a ketchup bottle.