Crush Chop and Burn Pt.2

[Edited 2/25/24]

Chase's P.O.V.

I started to grab random things from the lab and put them into a container, deciding I was going to take this stuff with us to our new home. Leo and Juliana were down here with us, trying to make the most of what time we had left.

"What are you doing?" Leo asked me.

"If Davenport is gonna ship us off to some remote facility, then the office supplies are coming with us!" I stated, Leo rolling his eyes and Juliana smiling a bit.

"We just got our first taste of normal freedom," Bree sighed. "I was this close to getting a curfew that I was totally gonna break!"

"Oh!" Adam exclaimed. "But maybe, when we get to wherever we're going, we'll meet a sassy lab chimp named Bobo who will take us on adventures and teach us how to love!" 

I rolled my eyes. "Or maybe you'll make him angry and he'll maul you and snack on your fingers," I said.

"Hey! I make the monkey fantasies around here!" 

Eddy appeared on his screen. "Well kids," he said. "I hope you've enjoyed your stay at Casa Davenport. I know I haven't. Sayonara!"

"Eddy, I know we've never been the best of friends, but we're gonna miss you," Bree said, though I could tell she didn't mean it. 

"Aww, really?" Eddy asked. 

"No!" Adam snapped.

"We hate you!" Bree exclaimed.

"You're evil!" I stated.

"Where is this 'training facility' anyways?" Leo asked.

"Yeah, let's at least see if it's roomy," Juliana muttered. 

"Facility X?" Eddy asked. "Oh, it's all the rage." 

He showed a tropical island that actually looked very nice. I could see Juliana's face glow with hope.

"That's pretty nice!" I said.

"Oops," Eddy said. "No sorry. That's my screen saver. You're going here." 

Eddy showed a picture of a place covered with snow that looked freezing cold.

"Forget office supplies, we should be gathering wood!" I stated, Juliana's expression dropping. 

"Man, I wish I had never thrown that party," Leo muttered with a frown. "I can't help but think this is my fault." 

Juliana walked over to Leo and put a hand on his shoulder in reassurance.

"Oh, that's because it is all your fault," Adam stated, my eyes widening a bit at his bluntness.

"Adam, he was only trying to help us," Bree argued. 

"Well yeah, but he did the opposite which is not help us. The not makes it the opposite." 

I saw tears in Juliana's eyes, and she looked down. I could tell Adam noticed it, his expression softening.

"Sorry," Adam said, placing a hand on Juliana's shoulder. "I'm just bummed. This is the only place we've ever known."

"No, I get it," Juliana said as she sniffled. "I've had to leave places I called 'home' for a long time before, it always sucks." 

"Yeah," I said. "Just think of all the memories we've shared here." 

I thought back to a time when we all had annoyed Mr. Davenport as kids after he told us how the battery was made. I chuckled, and I saw Juliana give me a small smile.