Avalanche!

Juliana's P.O.V.

I smiled as Adam, Bree, and Chase walked into the lab from another successful mission.

"Great job guys!" I exclaimed, walking towards them. "You saved that island from the biggest tropical storm in decades."

"And lucky for you, I brought home a whole bag of hairy fruit," Adam said as he dumped out a bag of coconuts. 

I raised a brow and looked at Bree and Chase.

"Yeah," Bree said. "Just be happy I made him put the pelican back."

"Guys," Dad said. "That mission was the finest use of bionics to date. I think we can all agree that strength plus speed equals success."

"Uh, excuse me," Chase said. "Let's not forget the mastermind behind this whole thing."

"Oh, right," Adam said. "Let's give it up for our fearless leader... Mr. Davenport!" 

Adam and Bree cheered for Dad, and I gave Chase a sorry look.

"What?" Chase asked. "No, I was talking about me! I supervised the whole mission."

"Yeah," Adam agreed. "But I think we all know who did the heavy lifting. Look, I'll give you a hint: Starts with an 'A', ends with an 'M', there's a big 'da' in the middle. Okay, guys, it's me."

"Please, the real work happened up here." Chase pointed to his head.

"Chase," Bree said. "No offense, but your bionic brain is no match for our hustle..."

"And muscle," Adam finished.

"Oh," Dad said. "That's a great team name! Hustle, muscle, and..." He paused at Chase. "Don't worry, we'll find you an 'ustle'."

"I just get so tired of these two getting all of the attention because they have Super Speed and Super Strength," Chase said. "I never get any of the credit." 

I took Chase's hand in both of mine and gripped it. I was trying to be as comforting as I could. 

"That is not true Chase," Dad said. "They just have a lot of flash, but you're the glue that holds that flash together, you're... Flash glue."

"I'm flash glue?"

"Hey," Adam said. "I think I figured it out." He cracked open a coconut with his head. "You're right Chase, the real work does happen up here." 

Chase rolled his eyes and wrapped his other arm around me.

"I think you do a great job as Mission Leader," I said. 

Chase smiled and put his head on top of mine.

"Thanks, kitten," he said. 

Later... Juliana's P.O.V.

"Okay guys," Dad said. "Say hello to my latest invention, the Cryoblaster! This thing can freeze anything in a nanosecond."

"Bravo, Big D," Leo said sarcastically. "You invented ice." 

I laughed and Dad shot me a look.

"No! I invented a way for astronauts to travel to distant galaxies while frozen in suspended animation."

"That's a fancy way of saying space ice."

"Alright, here. Let me demonstrate. You guys might want to step back because the ray from the Cryoblaster freezes everything it touches." 

Dad shot a blast at Adam's cup on a cyber desk, and it completely froze.

"Can someone please tell this dude he's making ice?" Leo asked.