Broken Bones... Not a Broken Sense of Humor

Mr. Davenport's P.O.V.

I had been staying at the hospital with Juliana all week, doing my work beside her. I knew she had the best doctors I could afford taking care of her, but something in me was anxious. I was afraid I'd lose her, my daughter. Juliana stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes. She looked over at me and smiled.

"You've been sitting there for a week, Dad," Juliana said quietly. "You can take a break, y-you know. You still have a company to run."

"Davenport Industries is doing just fine," I said. "I am not leaving your side."

"Dad, I'm not going to pulverize the second you leave me. You can go take a break." 

I sighed. "Fine. But I'll be back in thirty minutes." I stood up and went to walk out the door, but Juliana stopped me. 

"Dad," she said. "Where's Chase? I haven't seen him all week." 

I sighed. I haven't allowed Chase to see Juliana, I'm still kind of mad at him. But he has been patiently waiting outside that door all week.

"I'll let him in," I said. 

Juliana smiled as I walked out. Chase looked up at me, hope in his eyes.

"You can see her now," I said. "But don't hurt her." 

Chase stood up and nodded. "Thank you, Mr. Davenport," he said as he walked into the room.

Chase's P.O.V.

I walked into the room, and Juliana smiled up at me.

"Hey, Chase," Juliana said. "I missed you. Where have you been?" 

I sat in the chair beside the bed and took Juliana's hand.

"I'm sorry Juliana," I said. "I just... I felt bad." 

Juliana took my hand and kissed it softly. "I'm not dead. There's no reason to feel bad." I shook my head.

"But I hurt you."

"No, you didn't. The road did." 

I chuckled a bit and shook my head. "I see the accident didn't break your sense of humor." 

Juliana laughed, and I laughed with her. I looked into her eyes and sighed.

"I've missed you, kitten," I said.

"I've missed you too, my Mission Leader." 

I leaned forward and kissed Juliana softly. She smiled into the kiss, and I pulled back.

"When do I get out?" Juliana asked.

 I smiled. "Today," I said. "But I'm keeping my force field around you 24/7." 

She smiled and chuckled. "I just want to lay down in my own bed. My back is hurting from this one." 

I smiled. "Well, I'll have to make sure to give you a back rub when we get home then." 

Juliana smiled and we both laughed.

Chase's P.O.V.

I kept my arm firmly around Juliana's waist as we entered the house, since she was having trouble walking, and Tasha walked over to us.

"Guys!" Tasha exclaimed. "Juliana is home!" 

Bree, Adam, and Leo ran into the room. Adam ran up to Juliana, pulled her away from me, and hugged her, careful to not hug her broken arm. Juliana laughed and hugged Adam back lightly.

"Adam," Juliana said. "It's good to see you, but you're squooshing me!" 

Adam let go of Juliana, and she stumbled back into me. Bree and Leo hugged Juliana, and she hugged them back.

"I've missed you guys so much," Juliana said.

"Blame Chase," Leo said, giving me a look.

"Guys, please don't be mad at Chase. It was an accident. None of us are perfect." Tasha smiled and hugged Juliana. "It's good to see you all again. I'm happy to be home." 

All of my socials ;)

https://www.tiktok.com/@faith_starwalker?lang=en

https://www.twitch.tv/faith_starwalker

https://www.faithstarwalker.com/

https://www.instagram.com/faithstarwalker/

https://twitter.com/FaithStarwalker

https://www.quotev.com/FaithStarwalker