Sink or Swim Pt.2

Chase's P.O.V.

"So, this is where we'll be hiding out from the FBI," Mr. Davenport said as we walked into a warehouse. "What do you think?"

"I think we should update our tetanus shots," Bree said.

"Hey, where's Leo and Juliana?" I asked. "I thought you said he'd be here."

"Yeah, I kind of lied about that," Mr. Davenport said, pressing his neck and becoming... Douglas? "Guess who."

"Whoa!" Adam cried. "Awesome mask, Mr. Davenport! He looks just like his evil brother who capture us." 

I rolled my eyes.

"That is his evil brother," Bree said.

"And he did just capture us," I said.

"Oh!" Adam exclaimed. 

"I don't get it. I thought you were an ice cube in Mr. Davenport's warehouse. How did you get out?"

"I had a little help," Douglas explained.

"It doesn't matter," Bree said. "We'll destroy this rat trap just like your last one."

"Yeah, thanks for that. I didn't even have time to back up my music. Twenty years of up-tempo jazz, gone!"

"Yeah?" I asked. "Well, I know something else that's about to be gone."

"Yeah," Adam said. "Let's get his reggae too."

"Get him!" Bree cried, we went running at Douglas but stopped.

"Now!" Douglas cried. 

A masked figure emerged, electrocuting us and knocking us unconscious.

Later... Chase's P.O.V.

"Wakey-wakey," I heard. "Eggs and bac-y." We woke up and looked up to see Douglas. "Actually it's just an expression. All we have to eat around here are nuts, berries, and... The occasional barbequed iguana." 

We stood up.

"Taunting us with non-existent breakfast foods?" Adam asked. "You really are evil!"

"Wait!" I exclaimed. "Who was that guy?"

"Oh, that's right," Douglas said. "You haven't been formally introduced to my partner. Krane, come say hi to the kids." A masked man emerged from the shadows. "After I was booted from Davenport Industries I needed cash to continue my research. Luckily, I found a billionaire who believed in me. Say hello to my colleague, benefactor, and all-around bad guy, Victor Krane." 

Krane took off his mask, revealing a horribly disfigured face.

"Ugh," Adam sneered.

"Dude, I have got to get you into a dermatologist," Douglas said to Krane. 

"What is that stuff all over his face?" Bree asked.

"You are no longer the only humans with bionics," Krane said.

"Krane agreed to fund my work so long as I shared my research with him," Douglas explained. "He implants every piece of bionic technology I design to make himself more powerful."

"Well," I said. "I hope he got a good personality, 'cause what's on the outside... Yikes."

"Enough!" Krane snapped. "Let's go. You have work to do." 

Krane left and Douglas smiled. "Isn't he cool?" Douglas asked.

"You can cart out all the freaks you want," Bree warned. "It's not going to keep us here."