Mission Space

Edited 4/28/24

Juliana's P.O.V.

"M-dog!" Chase called. 

I walked into the school to see Adam, Bree, and Chase walking towards Marcus.

"Hey!" Marcus exclaimed.

"What's up?!" Adam asked.

"Wait," Leo interrupted. "Hold the phone. Hold the phone, hold the freaky-deeky phone. "M-dog"?"

"Yeah," Chase said. "Bro's call each other by nicknames."

"Well, I'm your actual bro and you don't call me by a nickname."

"Actually, we do," Adam said. "We just choose not to do it in your presence. Mr. Tiny McLittlestein." 

I laughed a bit, and Chase and Marcus both looked over at me. My expression fell now that Marcus noticed me, and his reaction made me think that he had bionic hearing like Chase. How else would he have heard me? 

"Hey, Juliana!" Marcus called over. 

I tensed, not liking Marcus's 'friendly' smile, but I still walked over, my head low so that they didn't see my face under my hood.

"Hey," I said. 

Chase peered at me. "Juliana, what's wrong?" He asked. 

I sighed and took off my hood, revealing my glasses. Everyone's eyes, except Leo's, widened as they saw my glasses.

"You have glasses?" Marcus asked and I nodded.

"I usually wear contacts," I said. "But I ran out today."

 Chase smiled and wrapped an around me. 

"You look cute, hun," Chase whispered, and I saw Marcus's face turn angry but he quickly hid it. "Hey, Marcus," Chase said as he turned to him. "What are you up to this weekend?"

"Ah," Marcus said. "My dad's out of town so I'll be stuck home alone with my grandma."

"Aha!" Leo exclaimed. "You said your grandma was dead."

"The other grandma," Marcus stated. "But thanks for reminding me." Adam and Chase sent Leo glares. "I wish I could stay with you guys for the weekend."

"And I wish you weren't a spastic sociopath with abandonment issues," Leo said. 

"Leo," Chase said. "Give it a rest."

"Chase, none of us are safe until the FBI responds to my request for a background check on this 'M-dog.'"

"Look, Marcus," Chase said. "I'm sure you can stay with us. I'll just check with Mr. Davenport."

"You call your dad 'Mr. Davenport'?" Marcus asked.

"Uh, No. Pssh. No. But you do, and I wanted to make sure you knew who I was talking about."

"Okay. Cool. Thanks, guys." 

Marcus walked away and pulled away from Chase as I started to walk toward science class.

"Juliana!" Chase cried. "Watch out!" 

I saw that a football was about to hit me, so I closed my eyes and held my hand up to shield my face, but nothing hit me. I opened my eyes to see Chase move his hand and the ball flew away from me.

"Did you just...?" I asked, walking back over to Chase.

"I think I just moved that ball with my mind," Chase said, his eyes wide with awe.