Drone Alone

[Edited 2/26/24]

Juliana's P.O.V

"Oh, this is so exciting!" Mom exclaimed. "I have never been to Australia before." 

She and Dad are going on vacation, and Mom was very excited. This was their first big vacation together, and I was excited for them as well. They deserved some quality time together without all of us. The house had been so chaotic since we moved in, there wasn't a single moment of peace. 

"Hey, maybe you'll like it so much you won't want to come back!" Eddy exclaimed. 

I rolled my eyes and Chase wrapped an arm around me while looking down at his work. He liked to always have me in arms reach, and when I was, a hand was on me at all times. Whether he was working, doing homework, or watching a movie, a hand was always laced with my own, resting on my thigh, or wrapped around my shoulders. It was comforting, I enjoyed it. 

"Donald, honey, do you have the plane tickets?" Mom asked. 

"Honey," Dad scoffed. "We're taking my fully automated private jet. Plane tickets." He scoffed. "Why don't we just slap on a bunch of stamps and mail ourselves there."

"Private jet," Mom said, a bit surprised. "That works."

She turned to me and made a very excited face, and I got excited with her. Mom totally scored when she married a billionaire. 

"Okay," Dad said, turning to Leo. "Leo, this is your chance to prove you're responsible enough to stay at home without us."

"I thought Juliana was the responsible one," Leo stated.

"That's why you have to prove yourself, genius," I said.

"Okay, fair, but me? What about them?" He motioned to Adam, Bree, and Chase.

"They were designed to go on missions and save the world," Dad stated. "You were designed to break stuff."

"Don't worry, I know the rules," Leo said. "No touchy-touchy your stuffy-stuffy." I stifled a laugh.

"Leo, I'm serious. There's millions of dollars' worth of technology here. So no goof-ups, no explosions, no fires- You know what? I'm not going. I'm not going."

"Donald," Mom consoled him. "Leo will be responsible. He is a big boy. Sweetie, I left your flame-retardant undies on the dresser." 

"Mr. Davenport," Bree said. "Leo will be fine. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?"

"Funny you should ask," Chase perked up. "I've made an actuary chart that covers every possible catastrophe. You have an 82% chance of coming back to a perfectly normal house. Happy travels." 

Chase handed Dad a chart, and Dad looked it over with wide eyes. I gave Chase a look, but he only shrugged cause he had stated fact.

"Don't worry!" Mom said. "Eddy is here to monitor every room in the house. He's like a virtual babysitter."

"Yeah," Eddy said. "And I virtually care about your kids."

"Big D, I got this," Leo assured. "No explosions, no goof-ups, no fires, no floods-"

"Wait-" Dad stopped him. "I didn't think about floods." 

"I thought about it," I stated. "There's an inflatable raft in the closet." 

Dad sighed with relief and nodded. "Alright, thank you, Juliana." 

"Donald, let's go!" Mom started to push Dad out the door.