Armed and Dangerous

Julianna's P.O.V.

"Please welcome, your bionic superhumans!" Agent Gram announced to the school, and Adam, Bree, and Chase walked in right after. 

The other students clapped for them, and I smiled proudly at my family.

"And our trusty little mascot, Chase!" Adam said, Chase shooting him a look of annoyance as I laughed. 

I let them sign a few autographs before I stepped forward, Chase smiling when he saw me.

"Wow, this is amazing," Chase said. "It's like we're celebrities."

"We are," Gram said quietly. "And this is just the beginning." 

Gram and his agents left, allowing the school to start to settle down a bit.

"It's so shallow they only like us 'cause we're bionic," Bree commented. "This is awesome!" 

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "I'm glad you guys are having fun," I said, reaching down and grabbing Chase's hand. "Just, don't get too carried away by it. Remember, you're heroes who save people." 

Chase leaned down and kissed my head. "Don't worry kitten, we'll be careful," he reassured me, and I nodded.

"Good."

Later...

I was helping dad move a few pieces of heavy equipment around the lab when Adam, Bree, Chase, and Gram all walked in laughing.

"What's so funny?" Dad asked.

"Oh, nothing," Chase said.

"Agent Gram said the most amazing piece of technology in the whole lab is your hair." 

I rolled my eyes and bit my lip to hold a laugh, but Dad clearly wasn't amused.

"Haha, hysterical," Dad said sarcastically. "You're fifteen minutes late for training."

"Actually, their training has been put off until further notice," Agent Gram said, stepping forward. "Didn't you read the memo? Oh, that's right, you're not on the memo list." 

Dad rolled his eyes. "They need the training to maintain their bionics. Not to mention their missions-"

"Yes, but right now, the most important mission is getting our face out there. That's why we're going on an international press tour." 

I frowned. Sounds like an ego-trip to me. 

"Wait," Bree said. "No training and we get to travel? Can we go to Paris?!"

"Only after we go to London!"

"Ah, yes!"

"Look, I know we kind of got off on the wrong foot with the whole me arresting you thing..." The bionic siblings shook their heads dismissively.

"Hey, just tell me we're going to Dermoid and all is forgiven," Adam said.

"Then I guess we're going to Dermoid!"

"Yes! I love being owned by the government!"

"Woah!" Dad interrupted. "Woah, guys! This is completely irresponsible."

"Mr. Davenport, we've been training our whole lives," Bree said. "Don't we deserve just a little bit of fun?" 

"I do," Gram said, and I shot him a look. "I also think you deserve a little thanks for all you've done for mankind. Don't you agree, Mr. Davenport?"