The Curse of the Screaming Skull

This picture makes me feel things...

Also, I know you all were expecting a honeymoon chapter, but after not being able to write it for 3 months I just decided to move on. One day I'll go back to it, but I guess I don't have the inspiration for it rn.

Juliana's P.O.V.

Chase and I finally came back home after having three weeks to ourselves. It was amazing, we went to Italy and Paris, and then stayed in Mission Creek for a bit to regain our energy before going to the island, right before Halloween. Everyone was really excited to see us, and despite having a great time, it was good to be home.

Adam, Bree, Chase, and I were looking through an old box of Halloween decorations when Leo walked in.

"Hey Leo, where've you been?" Chase asked.

"I just finished watching a twenty-four-hour horror movie marathon. I was so scared I chewed through all my fingernails. But, on the bright side, I had a big bowl of popcorn so they were delightfully tasty."

"Guys, how is our first Halloween at the academy going to be spooky when all we have is a pathetic little box of decorations?" Bree asked.

"And, uh, what is this disgusting slime in the trick-or-treat bowl?" I asked, taking a bowl of orange goo out of the box.

"Oh, that's not slime, that's last year's pumpkin," Adam said, taking the bowl from me. "I'm surprised it didn't keep."

He sniffed it and immediately gagged, so I took the bowl and set it to the side before he could get any more ideas.

"Hey, guys."

We turned to see Bob walk in.

"Bob?" I asked. "What're you doing here? All the other students are out with Mr. Davenport on a field trip to the 'Davenport Birthplace and Museum'."

"Gosh darn it," Bob said sarcastically. "I can't believe I'm missing that."

I chuckled and shook my head. I couldn't blame the poor kid.

"Really, Bob?" Bree asked.

"Oh come on, part of the tour is him reenacting his birth!"

"This kid might be smarter than we thought," Adam said.

"Ooo, smoothie!" Bob grabbed the bowl of goo.

"Maybe not."

Adam left to stop Bob from drinking the old pumpkin, and Perry walked in with a metal detector.

"Later, machine people," Perry said. "I'm taking the metal detector to the beach to look for other people's money."

"So, what, you're done going through our wallets?" Leo asked.

"Yep! How do you think I paid for this thing?" Douglas walked in, trying to avoid Perry as he went toward the hydroloop. "If you need me, I'll be at that island across the way."

"What island?" Douglas quickly asked. "The deserted one?"

"Yeah. Care to join me? There's room for two in my inflatable kayak. If you're good we can play shipwrecked passenger and curious island native."

"How about we play shipwrecked passenger and rescue piolet, who just keeps flying?"

"Hey, I've always wondered about that island," Bree said. "Ooh! Maybe there's waterfalls."

"And caves," Leo said excitedly.

"Maybe we'll be introduced to cool new species of insects!" Chase said.