Crush Chop and Burn Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"I can't let Davenport send you guys away," Leo said. "Let me talk to him. No one can say no to this million-dollar smile."

Upstairs... Third Person P.O.V.

"No!" Mr. Davenport exclaimed, not even entertaining Leo's argument. 

"But what if-" Leo went to say.

"Nu-uh."

"Don't you think...."

"Forget it!"

"What if you-" 

Davenport started to run up the stairs. "La la la!!"

"What about Juliana's feelings?!"

Davenport paused for a moment and then continued walking up the stairs.

In the lab... Chase's P.O.V.

Leo walked back into the lab, all of us anxiously waiting for his answer.

"Well," he said. "I'm sure he's gonna think about it!" 

Adam, Bree and I smiled and jumped a bit. Tears started to fall down Juliana's face and she ran out of the lab, my smile falling as I quickly ran after her.

"Juliana?" I asked, placing my hands on her shoulders. "What's wrong?"

"Leo was lying," she whispered. "Da-Davenport is still going to send you away." 

I sighed and hugged Juliana. "It's alright," I said. "It's going to be fine." 

Juliana shook her head. "It just sucks, so much. No matter where I go I can never seem to be happy, it's like a curse." 

Juliana pulled away and walked over to the elevator. I reached out a hand out to stop her but paused when she turned to face me, right as the doors closed. I felt an ache in my chest that I couldn't explain. I didn't want to ever see her go. 

Later...

Adam, Bree, and I walked upstairs with our stuff to see identical copies of us. I frowned as I looked from the copies to Leo and Juliana. 

"What are those?" Bree asked.

"Oh, Dr. Franken brain here is trying to replace you with creepy robots," Leo explained.

"Welcome to crazy town," Juliana said. 

The robot Adam beeped and turned to us. "Good morning," it said. "The time is 11:22, and the temperature is currently 68 degrees."

"You made a robot of me that just stands around telling people the time and the temperature?" Adam asked, and Mr. Davenport nodded. "That's the coolest thing I've ever seen!" 

Adam put his hand up for a high five, but the robot version of him didn't respond. Bree walked up to the copy of herself.

"Does my nose really look like that?" Bree asked her robot.

"No," the robot said. "Yours has a faint mustache under it." 

Adam, Leo, and I laughed, Bree's eyes widening in horror. 

Then my robot spoke. "Hi, I'm Chase," it said. "Let's do ma-ma-" Davenport slapped its stomach. "Math!" 

The others laughed, Juliana grinning a bit.

"That's not funny!" I exclaimed.

"You're right," Adam said. "It's fu-fu-fu-" Bree slapped his stomach. "Funny!"