Coward...!!

*3rd Person's POV*

"One, two, three... All of them as dead as stone Buddhas..."

"The result of some kind of ninja skill..."

"Bad news."

One of shinobi gulped quietly.

"Crud. Report this to Lady Anko, who's conducting the second exam!"

"Yessir!"

~scene change~

"Mmmm. Nothing goes better with dango rice dumplings... Than oshiruko bean soup. And as soon I'm done with done, I'll get to the tower... So I can greet anyone who manages to pass this test. The good ones should be done... In less than a day. Ah... A complete Konoha tree leaf mark!!" Anko said as she threw a kunai at a tree.

"Terrible news, Lady Anko!!" The shinobi announced.

"Already? What is it?" Anko asked.

"Dead bodies! The of them..." The shinobi answered.

"Dead bodies?!" Anko questioned in surprise.

"Dead... And very weird. Please, come see for yourself." The shinobi replied.

~scene change~

"Judging from their belongings and the papers we found, they were all shinobi from Kusagakure-- the Village of "Those who hide in the grass"-- and were registered to take part in the chunin exams."

"And, as you can see... Their features are completely gone... The faces as smooth as though they'd been melted away."

Anko stared at the bodies in horror.

"No doubt about it... I recognize whose technique was used here! But why would he meddle in this?"  Anko thought.

"Show me the photos from the dead shinobis' I.D. at once!!" Anko ordered.

Anko looked at the photos she was given.

"So... This is the face he stole... But that means he'd already done so when...!!" Anko thought before turning to the shinobi.

"This is awful!" Anko exclaimed.

"What?!" The shinobi asked.

"You three! Report what's happened to Lord Hokage!! Ask that he deploy two additional black ops to the Forest of Deaths once!! I'm going after the imposters!" Anko shouted.

~scene change~

*Shiro's POV*

I kept my arms stretched out, to stop the snake as I stared ahead into the dark abyss.

I could feel shock in Sasuke's scent he held.

If I had my eyes still, they would've widened as I felt myself get pulled up off the ground and in front of Orochimaru.

"Shiro!" Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Haku shouted.

"Shiro-sama!!" The fox shouted.

I stared at what was supposed to be Orochimaru and snarled.

I could feel Orochimaru's gaze go to Naruto's area for a moment before staring at me again.

"Heh heh... The brat of the nine tails is still alive and kicking! And it looks like Hazuko kept you alive!" Orochimaru said before he tossed me to the side, causing me to hit a tree and spurt of blood left my lips as I coughed.

"Naruto, move!" I shouted, but it was too late, I could tell by how his and Orochimaru's scent now mixed.

"How fascinating that, when he is consumed with rage, he loses himself... And a but of the nine tailed demon fox trapped within... Comes through. An amazing development! There's the proof. The seal that seals the monster within appears on your skin like a tattoo." Orochimaru states.