The Land that had a Hero

*3rd Person's POV*

"Our people and especially little Inari, were robbed of the very meaning of courage. Because of what happened that day." Tazuna said capturing everyone's attention.

"What happened"? What was it? What could have changed Inari so much?" Kakashi asked.

"Let me start at the beginning... And tell you about the man who our entire land called a champion and a hero." Tazuna answered, wiping away the tears.

"Champion"...?" Naruto questioned.

"It was about three years ago... That Inari and the man first met."

"Here, Poochie!!"

"Not any more! Starting now, his name is Shooting Star... And he belongs to me!!"

"He's not a shooting star!! That's my Poochie!! Give him back!! Poochie's my friend! You can't have him!!"

"Shut up!!"

The bully smirked as he let go of the dog and dropped it into the water.

"Woof!?"

"Hah!"

"Poochie!!" Inari cried out.

"It's what you get for not handling him over when I ordered. Who cares about a dumb dog, anyway?" The bully says in a snarky attitude.

"Hey!! Let Inari go!"

"You just can't drown my dog!" Inari yelled as he ran forward once the bully's lackeys let go of him.

"Well, if the puppy means so much to you... Better go save him!!" The bully replied.

"But..."

"Well, what are you waiting for? Are you going to let him just die?!!"

Inari was shaking, as he stared at Poochie.

"Hey!! If you own him, why aren't you diving in?" The bully asked as he pushed Inari into the water.

"Aaggh!"

"This ain't right, Akane. What if he can't swim?" One of the lackeys said.

"H-help! Help me!" Inari cried out, trying to keep afloat.

"Aw, just leave him!"

"B-... But..."

"Or do you want to be the next performing a little pet rescue?"

"Glub!!"

"Woof!!"

"P... Poochie?!"

Poochie was doggy paddling through the water.

"P-P-P--!!! P-Poochie!!"

Poochie shook his fur once he got out of the water.

"Shooting Star's getting away. Go after him!!!"

"Woof!"

"Poochie!"

Inari wasn't able to keep himself afloat so slowly went to the bottom.

~timeskip~

Inari opened his eyes, just to be met with the bright gleaming sun.

"Are you awake, son?"