Target #2

*Shiro's POV*

"Two little piggies..."

"Naruto!"

Sasuke jumped in, to apparently save Naruto.

Sasuke reached for kunai and threw them at the brothers.

The brothers' eyes widened before sending a chain at Sasuke, which whom jumped.

I glanced at the two brothers and bit my bottom lip.

"Kuro." I whispered, causing a small poof of grey clouds to appear.

"Yes, Shiro-sama?" Kuro asked as he appeared in front of me.

"Protect Tazuna and the roach." I said.

Kuro looked at the two behind me and nodded his head.

"Right away." He replied before bounding over to Sakura and Tazuna.

Sasuke jumped on top of both of the brothers' claws before hitting them together.

"Gurk!"

The chain on the claws broke.

I decided it was my turn and brought my hands up, doing hand signs before bring my fingers up to my lips.

"Fire style: fireball jutsu." I whispered as I jumped back slightly before blowing a ball of fire at the brothers.

I could tell that Sasuke was a bit surprised but his face turned back to monotone in an instance.

I was able to burn one of their arms but that was all since they separated ways once the chains were broken.

The first brother went after Naruto while the other went after Tazuna.

"Yaaah!!"

Tazuna's eyes widened while Sakura seemed confident as the second brother came at them.

"Stand back, sir!!" Sakura ordered.

The second brother pulled his claw back, ready to stab either Sakura or Tazuna with it.

"Dang, Shiro-sama was right. She really is useless." I heard Kuro say as he threw sand into the second brother's eyes, blinding him.

Sasuke appeared in front of Tazuna and Sakura before Kakashi appeared out of nowhere, holding both of the brothers.

Sakura held a look of relief.

Naruto held a look of realization as he looked at the logs.

Tazuna gave a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry, Naruto. I should have moved to help you sooner... Before you were injured. It never occurred to me that you would freeze up. Good job, Sasuke, Shiro. You too, Sakura." Kakashi said.

Naruto got up on his feet.

"Hey... Are you okay... Scaredy cat?" Sasuke asked.

Naruto gave an annoyed look.

"Naruto! There's no time now for fighting. Their claws are poisoned. We have to clean that wound as soon as possible. If we cut open more openly, the blood flow will wash the poison away. For now, keep as still as possible, so the poison doesn't spread." Kakashi said.

I gritted my teeth, realizing that I was too late on saving Naruto because he was injured now.

"Mr. Tazuna."

"Wha... What is it?!"

"I need to speak with you." Kakashi said as he tied the brothers up with rope on a tree.

"Our attackers appeared to be jonin level ninja of the Kirigakure village, mist ninjas. They are shinobi renowned for their willingness to fight on their goal is achieved, even at the cost of their own lives."

"Obviously, they were watching and waiting for us."

"The sun is out, and it hasn't rained for several days... So there shouldn't have been any puddles on the ground." Kakashi pointed out.

"If you knew all that, why did you even let those creeps attack you!" Tazuna asked.

"I could have killed them at any time... But... I wanted to find out... Who their real target was." Kakashi answered.

"What do you mean by that?" Tazuna questioned.

"Were you really the one they were after? Or was it one of us ninja? There has been no word of any shinobi seeking to take your life. The request that was related to Lord Hokage was that you have an escort to protect you against any roving bands of thieves and brigands. In any case, it's clear this is more than a "B" rank mission. To protect you from ordinary dangers until you complete the bridge you're currently constructing... Would be a simple thing. But if you expected to be the target of a ninja assault... Then it is beyond question that this would have been classified and priced as a mission for elite ninja. You may have had your reasons, but it's never a good idea to conceal the facts when you are asking for help. As it is, this task falls far beyond the boundaries of the job we were assigned." Kakashi said.

"We're not good enough yet to handle something like this... Can we quit? We'll need an anesthetic for Naruto's wound before we can reopen it and drain the poison. Can't we return to the village and have a doctor look at it?" Sakura questioned.

"Hmmm... This is... Complicated! Do we go back now so we can make certain Naruto receives medical attention...?"

~somewhere else~

*3rd Person's POV*

"Failed?! What the hell do you mean, you failed!!? If you weren't supposed to be the best, I wouldn't have paid top dollar for your skills." The man said.

Another man, but with cow like clothing poked out a sword handle.

~back with Team 7~

*Shiro's POV*

My eyes widened in shock as I watched Naruto stab his hand.

"Naruto, what are you--?! No!! Stop that!!" Sakura shouted.

"With this kunai knife, I promise you, I... Will be protecting the old man. Reporting, fit for duty, sensei!" Naruto said with a grin.

~back with the cow man~

"Do stop whining. There's nothing to worry about. I, with this cleaving knife... Will take the hit by myself." The cow man said, pointing the sword.

"Yessir... But are you sure you really want to? The enemy has hired ninjas of tremendous skill! And besides... Now that the Demon Brothers have tried and failed, they'll be on guard against further attempts."

"Remember whom you're talking to! I am Zabuza Momochi, The Demon, of ninjas who hide in the mist!" The cow man, Zabuza states.

~back with Team 7~

"Can I eat them?"

"Kuro, no!"