Who are you?!

*Shiro's POV*

I watched as Naruto's eyes widen slightly at the new figure that came out of nowhere.

Kakashi vanished into air before appearing beside the 'dead' Zabuza.

We were all hesitant and shocked since this person just took down Zabuza easily while we were having difficulty with him this whole time.

Kakashi checked Zabuza's pulse and looked at the masked person.

"Thank you for your help. I hope you don't mind my interfering. But I wanted the satisfaction... Of putting Zabuza of his misery myself!" The masked person said with a bow.

"He sounded extremely hesitant there in his sentence." I thought.

"The mask if familiar... Correct me if I'm wrong... But aren't you a shinobi hunter from village Hidden in the Mist?" Kakashi asked.

"Well, aren't you the smart one?!" The masked person said.

"A shinobi hunter?" Sakura questioned.

I mentally facepalmed, wishing that the nine tailed fox spirit was here and stepped on her.

"I am, indeed, a member of the elite tracking until from the village Hidden in the Mist. It is our responsibility and out art to hunt down and deal with rogues and the outlaws..." The masked person answered.

I blinked, not being able to figure out if the figure was male or female which caused me to sigh in disappointment.

"What's wrong, Shiro?" I heard Naruto quietly ask me.

"I can't tell if that person's male or female... Their scent is covered in herbs and something else..." I answered.

Naruto then whirled to the person in the mask, pointing up at them.

"What's going on here?!! Who are you?!!" Naruto yelled.

"Relax, Naruto, he's not an enemy." Kakashi said as he began to get back to his full height.

My ears twitched causing me to look up and over my shoulder, realizing that it was just Kuro clinging on to my shoulder, fast asleep.

"That's not what I asked! I mean... What I mean is-- he killed Zabuza... Who wasn't exactly a pushover... But still got taken out by a guy who's only about my age! Like it was nothing! What, do we suck or something? What's up with that?!"

"Did he just presume this person's gender?! What the heck, Naruto!" I mentally cried in thought.

"Oh. Well, you have my sympathy. I can see where a thing like that would be hard to accept. But it's a fact... You'll have to live with it." Kakashi said as he pats Naruto's head.

"This probably won't be the last time we run into a kid who's both younger than you... And stronger than me."

Sasuke kept his eyes on Kakashi silently.

The masked person disappeared from the branch and appeared beside Zabuza's body.

"Your battle is over, for now... And the remains must be disposed of... Lest they give up secrets to our foes. Well then, I must be off."

The masked person and Zabuza's body disappeared away from sight.

"Wait... What did that person mean 'for now'...?" I thought, wondering what they meant.

"He's gone!" Naruto said.

Kakashi brought down his headband, covering his left eye once more.

"Now! We still have to escort Mr. Tazuna the rest of the way to his home. Let's put our best feet forward!" Kakashi said.