A Meeting in the Forest

*3rd Person's POV*

Naruto was asleep on the forest's floor, birds chirping around him.

Haku was picking herbs until a bird captured his attention, causing him to smile.

"Oh!" Haku said in realization, noticing Naruto being pecked by birds.

Naruto rolled over, letting Haku see the symbol, making the dark haired colored boy to glare slightly.

Haku walked over to Naruto and reached down.

~scene change~

Sakura yawned as she exited entered the main room.

Shiro was chewing on some of his breakfast as he listened to Shu and Hide talk about random things.

"Naughty Naruto stayed out all night again, didn't he?" Tazuna asked.

"Ever since you told us that story, he's been in the trees, training all alone, night after night... An idiot with an obsession!" Sakura said.

"He's not the only one with an obsession..." Shiro mumbled after he swallowed the food.

"If he exhausts his chakra, he could kill himself... And be lying dead somewhere right now." Sakura said, as a little miss know it all of the team.

"I hope he's all right. It's not good for a boy to spend night after night alone outside!" Tsunami said, worried.

"There's nothing to worry about. Naruto's a goofy kid... But he's also a full fledged ninja." Kakashi said.

"Is it possible... Could he have killed himself? That bonehead." Sasuke grumbled.

"I'll go look for him. Kuro, watch after Shu and Hide." Shiro said as he stood up.

"Yes, Shiro-sama." Kuro agreed as Shiro left the house, in search for Naruto.

~scene change~

Haku gently shook Naruto's shoulder.

"Hunh?"

"You'll catch your death of cold, sleeping on the ground." Haku gently said.

"Hun? Who... Are you?" Naruto asked as he sat up.

~timeskip~

"Hey! Hey! Have I picked enough of those herbs you wanted? Are these grasses and weeds really medicinal?" Naruto asked.

"I'm sorry to have imposed on you." Haku apologized.

"That's some job you took on, girl... Harvesting all that this early in the morning." Naruto said.

"Look at who's talking! What were you doing in the middle of nowhere at the crack of dawn?" Haku asked.

"Training!" Naruto answered.

"Really? That headband you're wearing... Are you some kind of ninja?" Haku questioned.

"Why? Do you think I look like one? Do I? Really? Because I am!" Naruto replied.

"Wow, that's incredible!"

"Heh heh..."

"What are you training for?" Haku asked.

"To build up my strength." Naruto answered.

"But... But you look so strong and manly already!"

"Nope! Wrong!! I need to be a lot stronger than this!"

"But... Why..."

"To become top dog in my home town! All the people who used to treat me like dirt will have to say "he's the number one ninja"! And right at the moment, I kind of have to prove a point... To a certain person I know."