The Tools Called Shinobi

*3rd Person's POV*

"This is goodbye... "Demon"!" Kakashi declared.

Kakashi attacked Zabuza, injuring both of his arms.

Zabuza tossed his sword at Kakashi, which whom jumped backwards.

"Now you can't use either arm. No jutsus. No weapons. No chakra." Kakashi states.

"Uhn."

"Well, he's certainly made a fine mess out of you! What a pity..."

Kakashi and Zabuza looked over.

Shiro clicked his tongue at the horrible smell that came from the man.

"Zabuza!" Gato said.

"He's ugly..." Shiro bluntly said, making Haku quietly snicker with a small smile on his lips.

"Gato... What are you... Doing here? And... Why... Did you... Bring... All of them?!" Zabuza asked.

"Heh heh heh. There's been a slight change of plan, Zabuza. Or of your plans, anyway. This was what I had in mind all along. You're going to die, "demon"... Here and now." Gato answered.

"What?" Zabuza questioned.

"You must have guessed. I never intended to pay you. It's such a bother hiring a skilled shinobi affiliated with one of the top villages. It's expensive... And they tend to have friends who object when I betray and kill them. It's so much simpler to hire ukenin, renegades, like yourself. No one cares what I do to your kind once the job is done. All of you ninja are so eager to fight each other. Once you've worn each other down, common thugs can finish off the rest. It's a great business plan, efficient and inexpensive. My only mistake was hiring you in the first place. Calling yourself the Demon of Kirigakure is just plain false advertising! Heh heh... You're no demon... More like a baby demon, if that." Gato said.

"The shape you're in, we'll take you down without even breaking a sweat!" The lackeys shouted.

"Who the heck are they? That's some crowd!" Naruto thought.

"They're all ugly. Let them all die in the pits of hell." Shiro mumbled.

"Forgive me... Kakashi... Our fight is over. I no longer have any reason to want to assassinate Tazuna... Which settles our differences." Zabuza said.

"Yeah..." Kakashi started.

"Huh?"

"You're right." Kakashi agreed.

"That reminds me... I still have a score to settle." Gato said as he walked up to Haku and Shiro.

Shiro narrowed his eyes and stood in front of Haku, amusing Gato.

"A fox?" Gato questioned, a disgusting smirk on his lips.

"Die." Shiro states.

Gato then looked at Haku, that was peering at him behind Shiro.

"You... Crushed my arm until you almost broke my bones!" Gato said, about to punch Haku but got kicked back by Shiro.

"What the heck are you doing, you creep?!" Naruto shouted.

"Cool down. Think. There's a lot of them." Kakashi said, grabbing Naruto.

"Hey!!"

Zabuza looked over his shoulder.

"Gato's been using me... And I used Haku. Weren't you listening? It's a shinobi's lot. All of us are either users, or tools... Or both. I didn't value Haku for himself... But for the taint his blood carried... And for what his talents could do for me. I apologize for nothing." Zabuza said.

Shiro looked at Haku, realizing that he had tears in his eyes.

"You... Do you really mean that?" Naruto asked.

"Stop it, Naruto! Leave him alone. Our quarrel is over. Besides which..." Kakashi said.

"Shut up!! He's still my enemy!" Naruto shouted.

"Who is that obnoxious brat? He's been making quite a nuisance of himself!" Gato said.

"Like you?" Shiro whispered.

Naruto pointed at Haku, that was still behind Shiro.

"He... He really cared for you!! He was devoted to you!! But you think that's just nothing, that he was nothing. You don't feel a thing! Are you really that heartless? Is that how you get... When your powers are as strong as yours are?" Naruto asked with tears going down his cheeks.

"That's... Too much, too cruel..." Naruto says, tears still going down his cheeks.

"Kid. Not... Another word." Zabuza said, tears also going down his cheeks.

Naruto looked at Zabuza in shock.

"Kid... What Haku did... Was not just for me. While we fought, he broke his heart... Over you... And your friends. That's the truth. He was too kind... To gentle. I'm glad my last battle... Was against you... Boy. You're right, you know." Zabuza said.

"Huh?" Naruto questioned.

"Master Zabuza..." Haku whispered, wiping his tears.

"Say what we will, do what we will. In the end, we shinobi are just people after all... With feelings all too human. And I've lost everything. Would you lend me your kunai knife?"

"Hunh? Uh... Sure." Naruto said tossing his kunai to Zabuza.

Zabuza was able to catch the kunai with his teeth and dashed forward.

"What?! That's enough! What are you all waiting for? Kill all of them!" Gato yelled.

"Let's go!"

"Yeah!!"

"Even if you're a ninja, you're half dead, against all of us! You don't stand a chance!"

"A... A demon!!" The lackeys thought in horror.

Zabuza was attacking all of the lackeys that stood in his way.

Shiro whistled in amazement.

As Zabuza got closer to Gato, he was stabbed by many weapons.

Zabuza was face to face with Gato when three lackeys stabbed him in the back with more weapons.

"Why won't you die?! I-if you're in a hurry... To be reunited with your little friend... Go alone!" Gato said.

"I... Have no intention... Of going to the same place as Haku..." Zabuza replied.

"Wh-what are you babbling about? Ugh..."

"Heh... I'm taking you with me... To hell!! Even an ogre in name only... A washout from Kirigakure village... Can become a real demon in his he meets his death."

"Ahh! Aieee!"

"Once we're in hell, I can take my time, and show you over... And over... Who is, or is not, "a baby demon"!" Zabuza shouted as he killed Gato.

Zabuza growled and glared at the lackeys.

"Eeek!!"

"They scream like girls."

"It's... Goodbye now, Haku... The for everything... And I'm sorry..." Zabuza thought before falling towards the ground.

"Master Zabuza!!"