For Your Dreams

*3rd Person's POV*

"Here I am, to save the day. You know how the story goes. Things look bleak... Till the hero arrives. And then, pow!! Bye bye, bad guys!"" Naruto exclaimed.

Shiro mentally facepalmed at his blonde haired friend.

"Exasperating little! What we needed was an ambush. Instead, he all but paints targets on himself!" Kakashi thought.

"Naruto!" Sakura said in relief.

"Heh." Zabuza chuckled out as he threw shuriken.

Kakashi's eyes widened.

"Blast!"

"Here it comes!!" Naruto thought as Haku threw shuriken towards the other shuriken, making them fall to the ground.

"Haku... What are you doing?" Zabuza asked.

Shiro weakly sat himself up, grabbing his arm that had blood leaking from the wounds.

"Zabuza, sir, please let me have this boy. I want to fight him in my own way..." Haku answered, although he was secretly worried for Shiro.

"So, you want me to keep my hands off him, eh, Haku? How charmingly naive of you... As usual." Zabuza replied.

Shiro lifted his gaze as he glanced over at Sasuke on one of his knees.

Suddenly, Naruto appeared in front of Sasuke.

"Yo! Sasuke! Shiro! I'm here to rescue you!" Naruto exclaimed.

Shiro blinked, a tick mark appearing on the corner of his forehead.

"Y-you doofus! No stealth... No caution... And you call yourself a ninja?! Now that you've gotten yourself trapped in here with us... Just do what you want. I don't really care." Sasuke says.

"Oh, fine!!! I went through hell to rescue you, and this is the thanks I get?!" Naruto asked.

Shiro weakly got up on to his feet, stumbling a bit.

"If I go help Naruto, Sasuke and Shiro, Mr. Tazuna will be completely exposed... But I can't just abandon the boys!" Kakashi thought.

Haku climb back into the ice mirrors, which annoyed Shiro.

"So that's it! His real body is over there!" Sasuke thought.

"Over here." Haku said.

"Hunh?"

Sasuke quickly turned around, creating a hand sign.

"Wh-what the hell is going on!!" Naruto asked.

"Fire style! Fireball jutsu!" Sasuke shouted as he released the jutsu.

"It's not even making a dent!" Naruto states.

Shiro kept his tail wrapped around his leg since he didn't want to get burnt.

"That pitiful flame will barely touch my ice mirrors..." Haku says.

"Ugh..." Sasuke grumbled.

Haku then attacked the three genin.

"Gaah!!"

"Augh!!"

"Geh!!"

The three genins slowly got up, blood going down their skin from the wounds they endured.

"Which one of you is real?!" Naruto yelled.

"Your eyes will never see the truth. I can't be caught." Haku replied.

"Hah! Shadow clone jutsu!!!"

"Stop!!"

"Idiot!!"

Clones appeared before them as try attacked the mirrors.

Haku kept going into different mirrors, multiple times confusing the clones.

Water was instantly turned into a weapon and flew at Naruto.

"Augh!!!!!"

"The technique I'm using is part of the art of teleportation, and the only tool I need to perform it is the mirrors that hold my image. I move so quickly, the three of you might as well be standing still!" Haku exclaimed.

"I never imagined that anyone could master such a technique at so young an age!" Kakashi said.

"Heh heh heh heh..." Zabuza chuckled.

"Such a technique"?" Sakura asked.

"It's a kekkei genkai, a skill that can be passed from one generation from the next! A genetic trait... Running through the bloodlines of those of the purest shinobi degree... Some of the most extraordinary techniques are handed down from generation to generation solely on that basis..."

"You mean..."

"Precisely... It's of the same order of skill as my Sharingan mirror eye... But even my Sharingan can't copy, mimic, or break this boy's kekkei genkai!"

"I've had enough." Naruto said, causing Sasuke to stare at him, a bit surprised.

"So, this is it?" Haku asked.

"It can't end like this! I've got a dream to fulfill!" Naruto answered.

"Pathetic! Look at you... A foundling. An orphan. Thrown away. Unloved and uncared for... Soon, you'll die here, by the side of the road, with nothing to show that you lived or died and no one to care what your dreams were..." Zabuza said.

The young Haku smiled, surprising Zabuza.

"I... Can see myself in your eyes. We have the same expression!" The young Haku replied.

"I... Find it difficult to embrace the full shinobi philosophy. I can't help but prefer that the three of you... Not force me to kill you. However, if you three are going to come at me... I shall kill my own heart with my blade, just as the word "shinobi" was originally the words "heart" and "blade", and act as a full fledged shinobi would! This bridge is a nexus of our destinies... And all of our dreams and futures balance on the edge of a knife. I have my own dreams... As you have yours... Please try not to resent me, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes... To protect the one I care about most... To fight, kill, or die to fulfill that person's dreams. Doing so is my own dream. To that end, I will become a true shinobi... And I shall kill you three." Haku said.

This caused Shiro, Sasuke and Naruto to smirk.

"Sasuke! Naruto! Don't you dare lose to a person like him!!!!" Sakura yelled.

"I'm here too, though. Dumb roach." Shiro thought, sulking.

"Stop encouraging them, Sakura!" Kakashi says.

"Hunh?" Sakura questioned.

"Even if we knew of a way to counter his technique, your teammates, still wouldn't be up to the task of defeating the boy." Kakashi said.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Sakura asked.

"Heh heh... Heh heh heh..." Zabuza chuckled.

"Those three haven't yet developed the psychology strength... To then their hearts to ice and take human life. That boy has lived with the kind of emotional anguish that prepares him to be a true shinobi. No true shinobi could ever been born of a place like your village, a place of weakness... Of peace. You don't live with death, or grow up needing to kill to ensure your own survival. In you, those skills and mindset they require... Die stillborn!"

"Kakashi-sensei... What can we do?"

Kakashi shook his hand as he began to lift up his headband.

"You'll forgive me... If I put an end to this."

"Heh heh... Going to use the Sharingan...? What a vulgar maneuver. So obvious, so lacking in finesse!"