"Oh, she just got woke up. Yoona, Uncledaddy's looking for you."

She came to her mom's side and calls Daniel.

"Uncledaddy?"

"Yoona!"

"Daddy?!"

After knowing Jihyo's current dilemma, Yoongi asked Daniel to help him talk to her because he knew she'll avoid his phone calls. He let him talk to Jihyo at first but when her little angel speaks, he failed to keep himself still and took the phone from Daniel's hand.

"Yes, that's right. It's me, Yoona. It's Daddy."

"I miss you so much, Daddy."

Yoona cries in no time. It seems like she let all her pent-up feelings pour out. He swallowed the big lump in his throat and steadied his voice.

"Daddy misses you too, Yoona. I'm sorry I made you cry."

"I promise not to tell anyone about you, Daddy. I'm going to be a very good kid from now on so please let me see you again. I'm not going to burden you, I promise."

"Yoona?"

"Even if my friends watch you on tv, I won't tell them that's it's you, that it is my Daddy on tv. I'll be very careful too."

"Yoona, it's okay. Give me the phone back, okay?"

He heard Jihyo from the other line and for a moment, all he can hear is Yoona's heartbreaking plea. She keeps on saying that she won't tell a soul about him so they can continue seeing each other. When it seemed like Yoona won't stop crying, Jihyo ended the call without any words.

"Your CEO probably said something to that innocent child."

Daniel begrudgingly said after a while.

"She might be just five years old but Yoona is too mature for her age. I know she understands everything your boss said. So that's why no one can cheer her up, huh? What should you do now? How could you make a little girl suffer this much?!"

"Son..."

Mrs. Kang steps in to calm the two men. 

"It might not be our position to speak and I know this is also hard for you but can you distant yourself to Jihyo and Yoona for the time being? It will not resolve anything but at least it will calm down the situation. I'll convince Jihyo to meet you one last time so you can also have the chance to meet Yoona. Then after that, please settle your issues with your company first before meeting them again."

It made him think once more. Why couldn't he cut the chase? He cannot blame Jihyo for running away but does she always have to? Can't she trust and share the burden with him? He might not be able to solve the issue right away but he knows he will not cower and will not leave her alone behind. In this kind of situation, why does he always need to follow everyone's instructions instead of following his own belief? It's mentally draining him but he cannot refuse either.

"I'll put my trust in you, Mrs. Kang. I hope you'll be able to convince her to meet me."

"Don't worry about it. I'll let you know once she agreed."

He bid them goodbye with a heavy heart but also with a thin thread of hope. He'll make sure to make things better as soon as possible so he can cherish his daughter freely the next time they see each other again.

~~~