S3: Episode One

S3:E1 Welcome to the Game

-

"You know her well, and so does the entire world, it's last years silver slugger of the year.. Y/n 'The Mac' Y/ln." I smiled Eric Byrnes as he gave me a smile. "Thanks for joining us, we know you have a game shortly."

"No problem, I love talking with you guys." I said, leaning back on the chair as I loosely held the mic.

"You left Stanford your sophmore year to join the MLB; your first season with The Cubs led you to an astounding four fifty batting average and near record breaking steals. Three years later.. here you are. How does it feel being compared to greats like Mike Trout, Yasiel Puig, and Cody Bellinger?"

"It's really overwhelming because I looked up to those guys, you know? They're my heros so I'm like, 'How are my heroes my equals?!' But I feel externally grateful to be put in a position to take care of my family and inspire others." I shifted in my spot as I took a sip of my Essentia water, the only water I could drink on camera because..

"And you're sponsored by how many brands now?" I chuckled as I set the bottle down. "Let me try to get them all. Nike, Essentia, T-Mobile.. am I missing something?"

I smirked and held the mic up. "GoPro."

"Of course." He laughed out. "Here's something I want to know, what's the biggest change from residing here in Chicago?"

"Definitely the wind and snow. Being in California for two years kind of took me out of the whole Kansas-type weather, so, coming back into that was a bit of a struggle and it's a lot worst out here. But, the culture is also very rich. I've danced here to random street music more than I have ever before." He laughed as I shrugged.

"That's why I love coming to Chicago. And for the deep dish pizza-"

"Ooh." I sat up and turned to face him. "Have you been to Luna's Cafe?" He shook his head. "Oh man, you're missing out. The best omelettes and egg Benedict you'll ever have."

"I love how pizza made you think about breakfast." I chuckled with a shrug. "But definitely, I've gotta go. You treat?" I pursed my lips, dropping the mic against my chest as I gave him a look. "Oh come on, we all saw the contract you signed."

"Uh yeah, and majority of that goes to my charity so.." I pulled my cap off and ran a hand through my hair before putting it back on.

"Speaking of something.." I smiled softly, knowing exactly where he was going. "You were recently just in Florida to.. tie a knot?" I nodded and leaned back, my eyes subconsciously looking down at my wedding bang with a smile. "Well, congratulations on the newly married life and good luck against the Dodgers today."

"Thank you, sir." I shook his hand before waving at the camera, handing the mic to the assistant once I was cleared to leave.

"Big tings." Javier said with his thick accent, making me laugh as I picked up my bat and tightened my grip.

"You say that after every interview I do, Baez." I stepped out of my Nikes Huaraches before lacing up my cleats, picking up my shoes and handing them to the runner. (The runner basically was an assistant but did minor stuff like, take things to the dugout, brought us water, stuff like that)

"Mackee! Mackee!" I heard the crowd start to chant rhythmically, making me smile because I knew what that meant.

Looking over my shoulder, I watched the three (and a half) year old giggle as he ran up the stairs, zigzagging past the teammates who played along with him. I crouched down once he saw me, his eyes lighting up as his little legs moved faster. He launched off of the ground in a little hop and crashed into me.