Episode twenty two

S1:Ep22 dancing with a stranger

-

"Professooor."

I woke up with a start, freezing water splashing over my face and upper body, followed by loud laughs. "Fucking hell." I groaned, wiping my face. "I regret sleeping here."

"No you don't," Chris said with a wide grin. "You love us." I gave him a look, sitting up and clearing my eyes. "Anyways. One, we made breakfast, two, a random girl just walked out of your room, and three... your phones been blowing up like crazy."

I rolled over and looked at my phone just as the screen lit up with notifications.

Vanessa🥰 7 miss calls
Vanessa🥰 10 new messages

Josie⚾️ : Yo bro, Ash is texting me like crazy ab some practice game & ur not responding? Idk, hmu

Ash 3 miss calls
Ash 4 new messages

Jasmine😜🍑: I'm going to kill you.

I stared in confusion, not getting why everyone (besides Vanessa) was going crazy. It was a Saturday- "Oh fuck!" I exclaimed, Joseph's text replaying in my head. "Shit shit shit.." I mumbled, jumping out of the bed and quickly grabbing my uniform. I threw on some spandex shorts, then pulling the long socks up and over my calfs. "Aye, what time is it?" I called out loudly and..

"Eleven twenty."

"Time to get fuckin lit!"

"For you to get a watch, bitch."

Those were all the different responses and I was thankful at least one of the guys gave me a straight answer. That meant I had ten minutes to get my ball bag packed, out of the house, to the field, and on the bench. Lord pray for me.

-

I did it... sorta. I was running to the bench while simultaneously yanking the white jersey over my under shirt. I didn't see coach in sight so I felt a bit of the stress alleviate, but there were another pair of eyes just as harsh.

"Estupida!" She exclaimed and smacked my head as soon as I sat down. "I told you to be here on time. You're five minutes late." I stared at her before keeping my head and sliding on my cleats. "You have nothing to say?"

"Sorry." I mumbled lowly. I saw her cleats still in front of me so I raised my head, her eyes getting darker by the second. "I overslept?" I tried but she simply chuckled with a nod, walking over to what looked like a clipboard on the far end of the bench. I watched as she clicked a pen then wrote a very defined horizontal line multiple times before scribbling down a word.

"You're fucked." I looked up as Ash walked over to me with a sigh. "You don't make Jasmine mad. She may be cool but she can go from chill captain to bitch captain real quick.. you just fucked up."

"Game hasn't even started. And it's a practice game." She simply shrugged and sat down, fixing the loose strings in her glove. "What'd she do?"

"Looks like she scribbled your name out and put Lis." I grimaced. "Yeah anyways, coach is coming." I looked over and saw her walk straight through the dugout, grabbing the clipboard and glancing down at it. I saw her gaze stop for a moment and she looked up, directly at me, before walking over and whispering to Jasmine. I knew they were talking about me because Jas kept looking in my direction as she nodded. "Yikes.."

"Alright everybody, huddle up!" Coach called loudly with a clap, us all standing up and gathering around her. "Treat this like a real game. I will be watching each and everyone of you for progression or regression. Stay sharp, hustle but don't hurry." She looked back down at the clipboard, her throat clearing. "Here's the lineup and batting order for home team. Grace, first base. Riley, second base. Ashlynn, left field. Antoinette, right field. Lisa, center field..." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, leaning against the fence as she continued to name everyone but me, including for the away team. "Alright, get out there."