Episode twenty seven

S1:Ep27 All that Glitters Isn't Gold

-

"I had my doubts." I said to Jospeh, rolling forwards and backwards on my brand new toy. "But now... I'm damn happy we did it."

"Me too, bro." He said from his spot on the couch, counting the hundreds we made from five games. Three of those games were two guys who couldn't believe I beat them so they just kept coming back. Idiots.

I spun around on the hoverboard with a grin before sliding up, then crouching in front of him. "So, when's our next hit?" He looked over the money with a smirk before continuing to count the twenties and fifties. "What?"

"You act like we robbed a bank. 'When's our next hit' it's pool, Y/n." smacking my lips, I stood back up and rode around the room. "And we should chill it out in case they talked to their buddies. Wouldn't want to get jumped."

"Me? Jumped? Never." My watch then beeped and I looked down at the time to see I had to leave now in order to make it to practice . "I gotta go. I'll swing by tonight.. we gotta talk about something." He cocked an eyebrow as I grabbed my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder. "It's about Vanessa."

"I'll be here all day to be honest." He said with a nod. "Practice was canceled for us."

"You lucky ass." I called over my shoulder and turned off the hoverboard before jogging out of his room and out of the house, then quickly hopping into my truck.

I turned on my radio, smiling to myself when I heard Lauryn Hill blasting loudly. Of course, I let Vanessa drive my truck once and suddenly my programmed Jimi is gone.

Chuckling, I let the song play and continued down the road to the practice facilities. Speaking of Vanessa, we haven't seen each other in like two days because apparently Quincy was sick and she wanted to be with her. I didn't question it. But, I felt bad for my suspicion so I decided to swing by her apartment and bring little Q some goodies. Just stuff I knew I liked when I was a sick kid. I didn't know what it was but that little girl was too precious for this world.

At the skating rink, she slept on my shoulder as we skated around, then when we went out to eat she still stayed clung to my side while chewing on her grilled cheese. It made my heart melt. It also got me excited for when I had kids; which was further down the road of course.

When I reached the training facility, I threw my duffel bag over my shoulder and started over to the locker rooms where we were told to meet up with coach beforehand. I had a feeling I knew what it was about.

"Look who's on time." Coach teased and I sarcastically laughed, dropping my duffel bag onto the bench. "Yet, you're still the last one here."

"Hey, I made it alright?" I said with my hands up before crossing my arms. "So, what's going on?"

"Right." She looked down at the papers she was holding before speaking up. "So, the NCAA hosts a random drug testing inspection randomly three times a year. One during off season and two during season. This is that one." I smirked and nodded softly, my eyes drifting over to Jasmine who was sat down with a bored expression. Perks of being besties with the captain.. I knew about this shit two weeks ago. "So, they'll come in and you'll take a urine test and that's all for today."

"So I brought my bag from nothing?" I groaned out and coach gave me a look.

"Okay, everyone else can call it a day while Y/n here does wind sprints-"

"Wait wait, never mind." I said quickly.

She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms. "You sure? Wouldn't want you to be sad about not putting your duffel bag in use."