Episode fifteen

S1:Ep15 Home sweet home

-

I nodded my head along to the beat of my headphones as I worked on my CS assignment. What I really enjoyed about my computer science class was that our professor was was super lenient.

We did have quite a bit of controlled lectures but if we had work to do, like today, it was your time to do it. He didn't guide you though it or make the room have to be extra silent; he just let us do our own thing.

"Yo Y/nn?" I heard when my music changed. I pulled the earbud out and nodded at Kyle. He was in the frat and his real name was Conner but he acted like a Kyle so everyone called him Kyle. "You stayin here for thanksgiving or heading home?"

"Heading home for sure. Why would I settle for the dorm food rather than my moms?" He chuckled and nodded in understanding. "But the friends-giving shit is tonight right?" He nodded. "I'll be here for that before I catch my flight tomorrow morning."

"Alright bet. Make sure you wear your KA letterman 'cause we're taking a group pic." He advised before bumping my fist and turning back to his computer.

I nodded and focused back on mine as well. Thanksgiving was tomorrow and I honestly couldn't wait. Moms food was always the best, especially when my dad made his turkey and ham. It was honestly amazing. Though I was happy to be heading home, there was one downfall to it.

Vanessa would be joining us. Apparently her family are on vacation so Vivian offered her to join us because her brother, Dion, was going to his girlfriends family dinner so she would be alone. How great is that? That meant an entire week of being in the same space as Vanessa and Vivian.. and keeping up this no fucks to give act.

Do you know how hard it was to act like I no longer had feelings for her? It was like trying to pee while having an erection. Painful and never ending. No matter what I did, she was in my brain and I had to pretend like everything was fine. Nothing was fine.

The only person who knew what was going on was Joseph and now Jasmine. She found me sitting on the roof after the Halloween party, don't ask, and basically forced me to talk about my feelings. Like... really made me talk.

October 31st

I stared out at the trashed lawn with a few passed out bodies and probably a thousand plastic cups. I've been up here for probably forty minutes now. The party was over and I watched Vivian and Vanessa walk out. They looked happy. Good for them.

I brought the crappy cheap beer to my lips and took a swig, shaking my head as I sighed.

"If you fall, I would laugh so hard." I looked over my shoulder at my window where Jasmine stood with a soft smile. "What's got you simping, Y/nn?"

I sighed and looked back ahead of me, watching a couple walk out of the house with their hands together, laughing at something random. "Nothing." I mumbled and finished off the beer before cocking my hand back and launching it over the side of the house, right into the glass bin.

She climbed out of the window expertly and slowly walked down before sitting besides me, her legs crossed. "For a moment, I'm not your softball captain or your fuck buddy, okay? It's just me, Jasmine your friend."

I stared at her sincere eyes before my shoulders dropped and I leaned over, staring at the ground. "The girl I'm getting over, Vanessa." I could feel her eyes on me but I knew if I looked up, I would stop. "I could've had her... but I made a mistake and she's with my sister instead. We've kissed a few times and it's eating me alive so I..."