Episode one

S1:EP1 Welcome to Stanford

-

It was my second month of classes and everything was running pretty smooth. Only problem was I had three classes a day instead of two like most freshman. Nine am, twelve, and four pm. I knew taking on more classes would be tough but I didn't know it would be this tough.

"Miss Y/ln?" I raised my head up and saw my professor at his desk, waving me down. I tilted my computer screen down forty five degrees before raising up from my spot and walking down the steps. "Hey." He spoke softly and looked up with a smile. I simply waved awkwardly. "I finished grading the pre tests and... your score-"

"I know, it wasn't up to par. My sister just wouldn't stop calling me but I promise I'll do better. I'm not a slacking freshman, I swear." He gave me an amused smile before handing me my paper. I looked down at it and saw it was one hundred out of one hundred.

"Not up to par?" He chuckled softly and shook his head. "Out of my twenty years of teaching, none of my students have ever scored one hundred percent on a pre test." I stood speechless, my eyes on the red number at the top of the paper. "I feel like you'll do great things this school year, Y/n. I am glad to have you in my class."

"Uh-yeah, thank you Professor Hiben." He nodded with a smile and I slowly walked back to my seat with the paper.

"What did he want?" I looked over at Ashlynn, my roommate as she peeped over her computer. I handed her my test as I sat down and she gawked at the paper. "How the f- I got a sixty!" She hissed quietly and I giggled a little.

"Maybe you should've studied instead of talking to Jeremy all night." A deep blush covered cheeks as she turned her head away and looked back at the computer. "Gotcha."

"Shut up bitch." She huffed, biting on her pen with her gaze fixed on the projector screen. "I think that bitch cheating on me. So are you going to the party tonight?"

I shook my head in confusion before leaning over to look at her. "Backup, what?" Her lips pursed, eyes turning into slits. "Jeremy? The guy that didn't want to hang up until three in the morning?"

"Yup, that Jeremy." I watched as she clenched her jaw before whispering quickly. "My friend in Ventura said she saw him hanging at the club with some hoe."

"And you believe her?" I questioned and she nodded. "Why?"

Her head shook as she scratched her head. "He's just been distant. He'll talk to me for a whole day then not say shit for two."

"Hm." I opened my mouth to speak when Professor Hiben spoke up.

"Class is dismissed. Make sure you complete your assignments and study for the pop quiz... oops." The majority of the class laughed as he smiled goofily. "Have a good day guys."

I slid the computer into my backpack before walking down the stairs with Ashlynn at my side. "Can we put the Jeremy shit aside for now? There's a party tonight and I don't wanna think about his shrimp ass." I gasped in shock and she held her stomach as laughter bubbles out of her.

"Shrimp though??" She raised her thump and index finger to symbolize his size and I winced. "Oh that's... that's sad."

"Yeah, what about you?" I gave her a look and she leaned against my shoulder with a chuckle. "Come on, don't front. What you packin in those slacks?"

I looked away bashfully and shook my head as she continued to poke at me. "I don't wanna talk about my size."

We stopped at her car, and she threw in her backpack before looking back at me. "Hey, I'm just tryna see if I need to switch lanes or something." I huffed when I felt my cheeks heat up and she was finding this so amusing. I wasn't. "I'll see you at the dorm, you want pizza or Chinese?"