Episode twenty

S1:Ep20 Twist after Twist

-
Y/ns POV

The last four days were pretty uneventful. Vivian ended up being gone by the time we got back to the house and simply left a note.

went back to California, can't be around either of them rn. love you mom and dad. -viv

And that was that. I texted her an apology but she just left it on read. I didn't blame her. But tension between Vivian and I wasn't the only thing brewing. My mom and dad even started to seem offish and I didn't like that one bit.

They were typically always the lovey couple that cracked jokes and messed around with one another. Now they just mumbled no more than ten words to each other everyday. I had a feeling my dad was the one initiating it because of... what happened a few years back...

But that aside, Vanessa and I were great. I made sure not to go overboard with it around my parents but whenever we were alone, I felt guiltless. Like, well, now.

"Come on, I promise it's great." I said as I held up my protein shake. She shook her head, turning her face into my shoulder. Rolling my eyes, I took a sip and focused back on the drive-in movie screen. "You're being such a baby."

"Mmm shut up." She huffed out before raising her head and staring at me. "What movie is this again?" I gawked at her in shock. "What?"

"Are you serious- this is a goddamn classic, Vanessa!" She just stared. I shook my head before standing up in the bed of the truck just as one of my favorite parts came on. I cleared my throat and popped my leather jacket (not a coincidence) as I hightened my voice. "Why this car is automatic, It's systematic, It's hydromatic.
Why it's greased lightnin!"

I threw my jacket at Vanessa and she giggled as she caught it. I then started to dance just like Danny while continuing the verse. "We'll get some overhead lifters, and four-barrel quads, oh yeah."

"Shut up!" I heard someone shout but I simply flipped them off and kept going.

"Fuel injection cut off, and chrome plated rods, oh yeah. With a four-speed on the floor, they'll be waitin' at the door." I dropped down to my knees and grabbed her chin, making my voice husky while staring at her bright green eyes that shined with the sun rays. "You know that ain't no shit.
We'll be gettin' lots of tit in grease lightnin!" She pushed my chest with an eye roll and I chuckled before giving her a soft kiss and settling back besides her. "This, my love, is Grease. One of the best movies ever made."

She cuddled into my chest and grabbed my pop, only to shake it and groan when it was empty. "Dammit."

"You want another?" I asked, already sitting up. She nodded with her signature pouty lips and I pushed her head before grabbing my cup and my wallet. "What snacks?"

"Umm skittles, hot dog, and a Pepsi." I gave her a look and she shrugged. "What? Girls gotta eat."

"Mhm," I said sarcastically and climbed out of the truck. "Girls gonna take all my damn money too." I called over my shoulder before starting to the concessions.

"Pst!" I looked over and smiled at Jasmine who was a couple cars down from us with Dean. Apparently they hit it off and couldn't stay away from one another. "Grab me some popcorn." I smacked my lips and kept walking. "Asshole!" She hissed out playfully.

Once I reached the concessions, I smiled at the girl behind the counter. "Hi, can I get one Pepsi, one coke. Some skittles, a hot dog, and a small popcorn." Bitch wasn't going to pay me back and I know it, so I got her ass a small.