S2. Episode seven

S2:E7 plans gone south..

-

"Spring break can't come any faster." I huffed out, swinging at the ball that Ash tossed to me, sending it into the back of the net. "Jo has been telling me about this yacht, supposedly it's like, a mansion on water."

"You guys better behave." Ash grumbled and tossed another ball. "Leave it up to my parents to plan a family reunion during our damn break." I winked and swung at the next ball. "I'm serious. If I see so much as a Snapchat with girls who look a slight bit too close, I'm murdering you both."

"Relax." I hit the last ball before walking forward to held pick up the balls I hit. "You know Jospeh is a loverboy."

"And you?" I cocked an eyebrow as she gave me a look. "You only said Joseph.. what about you?"

Smacking my lips, I tossed the bat down and carried the bucket behind the net. "Hush, I'm good. Next!" I called and the gate opened before Jasmine walked into the batting cage with a smile, pulling on her helmet. "Martinezzz." I sung out and she did a little shoulder dance before getting in line with the plate. "What's the spring break plans looking like, cap?"

"Well," she stepped forward and did a perfect bunt against my ball before standing up straight. "Probably order pizza everyday, watch sappy movies, take a chance on a guy that asks me out, get stood up by said guy, then repeat that process."

"Um no." I dropped the ball into the bucket as I shook my head. "Get your rich ass a flight and come with me, Joseph, and some of the other guys to Miami."

"Miami?" She questioned.

"Yeah. We're going for the week and I'm not gonna let you sit all alone and miserable so," I motioned her to get back into her stance as I tossed another ball. "You pack yourself a bag and be ready to go have fun on a yacht that I heard is like, bigger than the dorms."

"Y/n, my dad plays for the Giants... we have three yachts." I smacked my lips and looked at Ash.

"Am I the only one here that's not rich??" She simply scratched behind her neck. "Oh man, you too?"

"I mean.. my dads in the senate." I dropped my head back with a groan. "Okay, what do your parents do?"

"Uh.." I dropped the balls down again. "My dad owns this bar in KC and is in his own band sorta.. mom has an at home baking company I guess. She mostly sells to the soccer moms or whatever. But outside of that, she works at Marie Callender's."

"Oh." Jas mumbled and Ash laughed at her response. "Not a bad oh just a.. like a 'ah okay' kind of oh- shut up Ashlynn." She whined out and I chuckled.

"Clean it up!" Coach called out loudly and we all stood up, picking up the balls and bats.

"You sure I can come? Vanessa's okay with that?" Jas suddenly asked while I slowly dropped the balls into the bucket, not looking up as I spoke.

"Why wouldn't she be?" She didn't respond so I looked up and saw her shoving the bats into the bag. "Jas?"

"I don't know.. I feel like she doesn't like me. Whenever I come around she gets super quiet or offish." I hummed and followed her out of the batting cages.

"It's not you, it's just something she's dealing with, don't take it personal." She nodded but didn't look assured. "Jasmine, trust me. I want you to come with us. So?"

She bit her lip and rocked on her heels before nodding. "Okay, I'll come."

"Yay." I draped my arm over her shoulder and pulled her into me. "It's gonna be so fun. Plus, Miami U and Stanford are tight or whatever so they're having a little welcoming party for us."