S2. Episode nine

(Sorry I feel asleep lol)

S2:E9 Game One

-

"And look at her go." Coach Esquer mumbled when I hit a particular tough pitch, sending it soaring over the left field fence. "I thought you'd have an adjusting period but.. here we are."

"The ball comes a lot faster and the mound is farther but the ball is a lot lighter. Going from a seven ounce ball to a five ounce has its perks." I said and got into position as Connor stood at the mound again and leaned forward, spitting out his sunflower seeds before winding up and throwing a near perfect curve. But, with my dad, I knew how to handle the curves. I stepped into it and the barrel of the bat connected loudly with the ball, sending it soaring back to center. Another one.

"That was my best pitch!" Connor exclaimed with a laugh as he jogged in. "Shit man.. look behind you." I looked behind me and saw a line of people in business suits and dressed behind the fence, holding cameras and microphones. "Well big shot.. look at you bringing in the media."

"Hey, this is a closed practice!" Coach said as he stood up but I placed my hand on his arm and nodded. "You sure?"

"Nope but eh." I shrugged and started forward. "Might as well, right?" Once I reached them, they started flashing their cameras and shooting questions left and right. "Uh.. blue tie."

The guy smiled and stuck his microphone out. "Y/n, Marcus Tyler with NBC news. With you being the first female in history to be on a college baseball team, how much has your life changed?"

"Well.. I usually don't have NBC news asking me questions about my how life has changed." They all laughed and I shrugged, pushing my bat on the ground and leaning against it. "So.. yeah I'd say that's the biggest and quickest change. Uh.. you." I said and pointed.

"Crissy Williams, Sports Entertainment. How is it being on this team with all the boys and do they consider you 'one of them' or are you still a stand-alone?"

"One of them like.. one of the boys?" She nodded. "Well, I'm still a girl you know? That's on my birth certificate so I don't think I'm one of the guys." They laughed again. "But, I get along with all of them and the guys are my family, my brothers, so they don't see me differently because I'm a girl." I smiled with a nod before pointing at someone else.

"Mark Schwartz, ESPN, with us being known of your condition, do you shower with the guys in the locker rooms or do you.." I immediately pulled my head back and gave him a look. "Do you shower on your own time like Jackie Robinson did."

"I.. what?" I chuckled in confusion before picking up my bat and hitting the barrel on my cleats. "Did you just ask me if I shower with the boys? And then proceed to compare me to Robinson?" He simply nodded and I looked away from him, smiling at the other reporters. "Thank you guys, hopefully I can do an official press conference soon with more.. reasonable questions." I said as a joke before waving and backing away, walking back over to the dugouts . "They're crazy bro."

"We're talking about that later, what is this?" Jospeh said, holding up my a paper with my details on it. "Your middle name is Mackee." I raised my eyebrows and nodded softly, shoving my bat into its place holder. "Bro... your on field nickname is Mac now."

"What?" I said with a chuckle. "That doesn't even make sense."

"It's baseball rule. If you have a Mc or Mac in your name, you automatically have to be called Mac." Connor said from the other end of the dugout. "Ask coach."

"It's true." He said with a shrug. "Either that or Macky-"

"I'll take Mac." I said with a grimace. "So, weight room?"