S2. Episode eight

S2:E8 playing for the other team

-

"Yes Y/ln!" My coach clapped before giving me a high five as I rounded third, hitting my second homer of the game and, ultimately, ending the game.

My teammates stood at the plate as they cheered while I jumped in, all tapping my helmet. "Second homer, babe, you're going crazy." Jas said and took my helmet when I slid it off.

"Thanks, I feel good today." I jumped into the dugout and quickly took the call sheet off my arm, and my gloves before taking a swig of my Gatorade then quickly hopping back out of the dugout to line up for the 'good games' and high fives after got got our third out. "Yo, who's doing the interview?" I asked when I noticed the camera lady set up in the middle of the field with a headset in her hands, patiently waiting for us.

"You are, champ." Ash said from in front of me. My eyes widened and she motioned to Jas. "Cap said you were mvp today, you take it."

"I've never done an interview before." I mumbled before holding my hand up and walking forward as the other team started walking towards us. "What do I- good game- what would I say?"

"You answer their questions, Y/nn." Jas joked, in front of the line. "Just don't slip up and say our strategy or something."

"Ah shit.. okay." I breathed out and shook my head before smiling up at the opposing team, continuing until we reached the end of the line. The camera lady made eye contact with me and she smiled before waving me over. "I'm scared." I whined out but Jasmine simply chuckled and pushed my back until I stumbled forward.

"Don't be a baby!" She called out, winking when I looked back. "You're gonna do great."

After giving myself some reassurance, I walked up the the lady with a confident smile. Fake it 'til you make it right? "Hi, first interview right?" She said and started to put the headset on me quickly.

"Yup."

"Great, don't be nervous but remember this is live." She held up a mic box before sliding it into my back pocket. "Look up, see that camera?" I followed her finger and saw a guy behind the camera wave slightly and I gave a thumbs up. "Just keep your eyes on that camera."

"Thank you." I mumbled and rubbed my sweaty hands on my ball pants.

"Check check, is audio clear, Y/n?" A lady said into my headset and I nodded.

"Yup." I rocked on my heels when the lady who was helping me walked away.

"Okay in five, four, three, two.. Y/n Y/ln joining us now, let's talk first about those two big home runs in only your third game as a freshman, that has to feel great."

"It really does." I said with a nod. "I'm always trying to do my best for the team and, knowing we were down with two outs, I knew I had to pull something out so we could secure this win."

"Indeed you did. And before you guys went out for the last inning, we saw Coach Allister pull you aside, what did she say in summary?"

"Um she told me to just keep my head down and swing, we were tied two two so she just assured me to stay calm and relax because when I tend to overthink, I perform worse. So, she just gave me a quick calm down." I heard laughing before me and I instantly recognized it, shaking my head with a grin.

"Telling by your smile, I assume you hear your teammates behind you? You can look back if you would like." I chuckled with a soft nod. "Speaking of your Captain Jasmine Martinez, who's apart of the bunch behind you, how is it being captained by her?"