Episode two

S1:Ep2 Weirdo?

-

"Y/ln?" I stopped myself from walking to my seat when Hiben called me.

"Hi Professor Hiben." I said more assuredly from the time I've spent in his class now.

"Hello Y/n. Can you do me a quick favor please?" He handed me a Manila folder with a smile. "I had to fill out this new class year form, it's all unnecessary but I have to do it. Anyways, can you take this to the Law department and give this to the lawyers secretary? Her name is Miss Westbrook. You'll spot her as soon as you walk in."

I nodded, taking the envelope from his hands. "What about class-"

"With all due respect, you're smarter than every kid in here. You won't miss a thing during this lecture." I guess he saw I was still skeptical because he sighed and held up his phone. "I'll record it and send it to you, good?"

"Yes, perfect. I'll get this over there for you now." He gave me a quick thumbs up in response and I stepped out of the class, making my way down the sidewalk to the Law department. I knew the main building wasn't that far because my Thursday classes were there.

As I walked across the campus briskly, I heard bells ring behind me and I looked over my shoulder to see a bike coming up so I politely moved to the side and gave the girl a smile.

Her eyes widened slightly as she passed me and I looked forward to see a trash can coming up but before I could warn her, she ran head on into it and flipped over harshly.

"Oh shit." I gasped and rushed up to help her. She was laying on her back and groaning, holding her head. "Hey, are you okay?"

She looked at me in a daze, a soft smile covering her lips. "Wow you're pretty." My eyes widened slightly, my face heating up as she breathed out but it quickly turned into a wince. "Ow my head."

"Uh, I'm not a doctor or anything so I can't tell if you have like.. a concussion. How many fingers am I holding up?" I asked, slightly apprehensive as I held up three fingers.

"Um three?" I nodded and lowered my hand. "I'm okay, just a little dizzy." I found it okay to have her stand so I slowly helped her up, along with her bike. "Aw shucks, my glasses." She picked up the frames that were missing the leg. "These are my third pair this year." She huffed out.

I smiled softly, my hands still holding her bike. "I uh I have tape in my car. I'm not an engineer but I think I can fix those up for you." She looked up and smiled bashfully before nodding softly. "It's just by Tech Block if you don't mind the walk.."

"I apparently can't ride so I think walking is my best bet." I chuckled softly and walked along side her to my truck. "I'm Loren."

"Y/n." I responded and we smiled at one another before she looked back ahead. "So, do you usually run into trash cans or was this just a one time thing?" A soft giggle left her lips that made my heart jump and I found myself watching her more than watching where I was walking.

"Hopefully it's a one time thing." She pointed before pushing a stray hair behind her ear and casting a glance at me. "I just got distracted." Boom, heart jump. "And I'm known to be quite clumsy."

"I can tell. You said these are your third pair this year? It's only September." I didn't know what it was but she was easy to converse with. She just radiated a welcoming aura.

"I know," she groaned out. "I don't know what it is but I'm prone to breaking things."

I bit my lip softly as we neared my car and I had a split inner moment of confidence. "Hearts included?"