04| Dinnings And Proposals

Start from the beginning

Quinn smiled politely at the staff as she got out, she wore a short ivory skirt with a red shirt and wore a matching ivory-colored jacket that went all the way to her ankle.

She had her hair perfectly done, the left part of her hair was held away from her face by three sliver hairpins while the right part of her hair flowed freely.

Kenna got down after Quinn, she was wearing a black gown that had hugged her body from her waist upwards and flowed freely to her mid-thigh.

She packed her brown hair into an attractive bun allowing the tendrils to flow freely. Her make-up perfectly complemented her sea-blue eyes.

"The dinner is as beautiful as ever," Keena said to Quinn, who forced a smile thinking about how she went from hating Ace Winston to supposedly dating him.

"Shall we?" Mrs. Manchester asked, looking at all of them and they nodded.

The place was beautifully decorated with bright lights to make their dinner memorable, the long table was set ready for the two families and the place was near the glass wall overseeing the astonishingly lit city.

They walked upstairs and meet the Winston's already seated, Laura immediately stood up when she saw them with a gracious smile on her face. Myra, Carl, Ace, and Mr. Winston also stood up as an act of courtesy.

"I'll say you look absolutely dashing," Mrs. Manchester laughed, complementing Laura Jefferson who smiled blushing. They did the normal habit of pecking each other's checks.

"If I look dashing then you must look like a queen," Laura replied.

Quinn looked around and her eyes meet with the one person she detested the most at the moment, they both looked away almost instantly like they were five-year-old kids who saw an r-rated movie.

"Come, come let's sit," Laura announced to everyone as a waitress led them to their table.

The two families greeted one another as laughter flooded the room. "Oh! such a wonderful boy," Mrs. Manchester laughed, shaking Ace's hand and he flashed his million dollars smile making Quinn roll her eyes.

"It's so good to have everyone here," Laura began, "Right?"

"Most certainly, Laura," Mrs. Manchester laughed richly.

Quinn asked herself again why she was doing this then she noticed Ace's grandfather seemed to be studying her family intensely. She sneered if at all they should be the ones giving the Winstons the stink eye.

She felt her phone vibrate from her purse which was on her lap, she opened it, trying to blur out the voices of the two families.

The first one was from her manager.

Shelly: Hey actress, Your first script reading for the movie is tmr. Get there early.

Quinn nodded like she could see her yes mam she laughed in her head. Then she noticed a message from an unknown number.

I have a proposal that you would certainly agree to, let's meet privately.

Quinn scoffed as she already knew who the message was from, she looked at him from under her lashes and he nudged his head towards the door giving her a sign.

She heaved a sigh and turned her gaze back to her phone to reply to him.

NO!

Ace shook his head once she looked back up and she ignored him, looking at marble designs on the walls.

Trust me, He mouthed to her and she chortled. After some seconds Quinn could still feel Ace's gaze on her, she bit her lower lip and shut her eye exasperated.

"I need to go to the restroom," Quinn told Kenna who was sitting beside her.

She looked at herself in the mirror in the restroom, she wished she could stay there forever and not go back to the outrageous dinner, not to talk of Ace.

"Ace Winston, coming in!" Ace's voice boomed through the air as he walked into the ladies' room.

Quinn's eyes widen as she couldn't believe Ace actually followed her, how dare he?

You've got some balls Ace Winston Quinn thought as she scoffed at him and he grinned a broad smile.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~~

Don't forget to vote, share and comment as they are highly appreciated 😊

As I was editing this chapter, I totally fell in love with my own work 😩😂 I just have to say.... This will be fun 😏

♥️♥️

QOTD: What's your favorite food?

Mine definitely is chips or pasta😭 Can't live without them.