thirty two.

-

-

The next morning, you were staring at your ceiling, and Jisung came into your bedroom and jumped onto your bed.

"Good morning, sunshine. How are you?" He smiled.

You looked over and smiled back. "A little worried."

He nodded slowly. "Chan said that a couple nights ago, he found you in the bathtub?"

You sat up quickly. "I told him not to tell anyone."

Jisung sat up as well, holding his hands up. "I guess he felt he needed to tell me." You got off your bed and stared at Jisung. "At least tell me you're okay?"

"I'm okay." You told him, not being able to resist his puppy dog eyes. "I've done it ever since my mother passed away, because I need to remind myself that I'm alive-"

"You would've thought that you were ensured your life when we saved you from the bottom of that lake." Minho cut in, peeking into your open bedroom door. "We're going out."

You bit your lip to keep from snapping at him, aggressively grabbing your phone off your bedside table instead. You started making the way to your door, but Jisung grabbed your arm.

"I don't know why he's acting like that, but it'll pass, I'm sure." He said.

You nodded before walking out into the living room, where everyone was waiting, and Chan was smiling big. "We're having a family outing!"

You and the boys had ended up eating at a nice restaurant, so all you could do to show Minho your rage was stare at him from across the table. For some reason, he was sat in front of you, and it was taking everything in you to not kick him; he had been making rude comments to you all morning, ones that actually hurt your feelings, but you felt more angry than upset, because you still thought of him as family.

"Stop staring, Y/N." Minho said. "It's rude."

You started to lean over the table, but Hyunjin and Jeongin pulled you back into your seat. After the bill was paid, you left the restaurant and kept your distance from Minho as you walked down the busy strip of city.

"It's such a nice day, isn't it?" Chan smiled.

You looked around at all the people and sighed. "Yeah, I'm just scared that something bad will happen if we're out-"

"Maybe if you and your mom didn't do anything to make your dad so mad, you wouldn't be scared to get out of the house!" Minho snapped.

You froze in your spot and looked at Chan before turning around and lunging at Minho, grabbing his collar. "Don't ever bring my mother up like that again, do you understand?! And do you really think that I'm scared to get out of the house? I'm scared for you guys!" Changbin pulled you back, but you still had a hold on Minho's shirt. "I would rather take a bullet than watch any of you get hurt, Minho."

"If you're scared for our safety, then go back to your apartment and take your problems with you." He deadpanned.

"I've thought about it!" You cried, your eyes getting puffy from the tears you were holding back, your throat trying to close up. "Don't you think that I've thought about leaving?" Your voice was breaking. "I'm not putting you guys in danger on purpose. They're after me, Minho, and I'm doing my best to make sure I stay the wanted target."

Changbin let go so you could walk away, but all you could do was stare at Minho for a moment. "I can see why they want you gone now, Y/N."

He shoulder checked you as he walked by after he said it, so you walked in the other direction. Jisung knew you needed time to yourself, but he was ready to have it out with Minho.

Jisung grabbed Minho's shoulder and pulled him back, his hand around Minho's wrist. "Did you really have to say all of that to her?" Jisung asked.

"Yeah, I did." Minho said. "She's putting my family in danger-"

"I'm part of this family and you put me in danger! What if I was in my apartment when you blew it up?" Jisung yelled. "Y/N has protected us from serious threats."

Minho chuckled bitterly. "These threats wouldn't be coming up if she wasn't here, Jisung. I will not let her put my family's safety in jeopardy."

"She's not." Chan said, his disappointed expression making everyone feel guilty. "And bringing her mom up was wrong, Minho. You know that's a sensitive subject, and I don't even know why you let it come out of your mouth. We are a family, and families don't turn on each other."

"Chan, I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologize to me." Chan cut Minho off. "Apologize to Y/N."

Your brother gently braided your hair as you sobbed to his tv. "I don't even know what I did, Ki-Bum! He just started being so mean, and I've never cried just because someone was being mean, but-"

Your body racked with sobs and Ki-Bum tied the ponytail holder around the end of your braid. "Wouldn't you be the same way if someone was putting me in danger?" He asked.

"I mean, yeah, but I'm not putting them in danger on purpose. They're like family." You said, wiping your eyes.

"Still. It's danger, and you wouldn't let anyone put me in danger. So, I guess both of you should apologize. You, for not understanding why he was so upset when you would act the same way, and him, for being so unnecessarily rude to you."

"I guess." You sighed. "But-"

"It's hard to admit that you made a mistake. I know."

It was quiet for a moment, then you laid your head on the couch cushion. "I'm sorry I didn't come visit you sooner. I should've come to see you as soon as I was able to."

"It's okay." He smiled. "You're a busy woman, and I understand that. Although, it would've been nice to see you."

You chuckled and moved to sit next to him. "I seriously missed you, Ki-Bum, and I didn't even call but once."

"Y/N, you're spending time with me right now, and that's what matters. You're safe and you're okay, and I will make sure this visit is one that will last."

You smiled mischievously. "Does that mean we're having a pillow fight war?"

He narrowed his eyes. "You are so going down, Y/N."

-