one.

-

-

Your dress sashayed across your legs as you walked into the multi-million dollar building that was hosting the party of the night. You had been longing for a way to forget about the ongoing case loads you were receiving, and tonight was your night.

As you made your way to the bar, you got several looks, mainly from men, and you chuckled under your breath. You took your seat at the bar and ordered your drink, then you looked around the area and observed everything.

The obvious drug deals that were happening near the vip section, the group of people who were clearly too young to be at the party, and the near exhibitionism of a few people on the main floor. You were off duty though, and even if you wanted to do something about it, you couldn't. When you were undercover, you were strictly undercover and set on the one and only case you were assigned.

"Aren't you a little too young to be at a party like this?"

You looked to your left and saw a man in the seat next to you. "I'm old enough to take care of myself."

He eyed you carefully at your statement. "Either way, you shouldn't be alone."

You smiled. "I can handle myself."

"I bet I could handle you so much better."

You chuckled and looked over at him again. "You couldn't handle me even if you tried your hardest."

He raised an eyebrow and he tried to subtly move his hand towards your thigh, but you saw it. "Would you like to test that theory?"

His hand got close enough for you to grab it, so you did and twisted it just enough to get his attention. "What I'd like is for you to get out of my face."

You let go of his wrist and he immediately walked away from you, looking back at you a few times as he stumbled across the crowd. You sighed and went back to your drink as you let your mind wander to other things. After you took a deep breath and downed the rest of your drink, you made your way to the main floor.

As you were about to get lost in the crowd, you felt your phone vibrating and groaned. You got it out of your purse and headed to the back exit before answering.

"Yes sir?" You said.

"I have a new case for you."

You froze in your spot. "You told me that I'd have at least one day off."

"Y/N-"

"I know, I know. I signed up for these responsibilities. I'm on my way."

Before you went into the agency, you put a jacket on and brushed your hair back behind your shoulders. You went in and made your way to your boss' office, knocking as you opened the door.

"Hello, Y/N."

You smiled sarcastically. "Hello, Boss."

"Why do you smell like a party?" He asked.

You sat down in front of him. "That's funny, considering I wasn't even there for thirty minutes."

"You don't go to parties."

"I only went because I was invited, and I thought it'd be better than staying in my apartment all night." You told him.

He shook his head, completely changing the subject. "As my secret weapon, I wanted to assign you to this case," he pulled out a file and pushed it towards you, so you opened it. "A man named Han Jisung is a potential target to gang members, if you can really even call them that. You'll go undercover as a security guard, which lucky for you, their last security guard just quit, and you'll be working at Shik AI. You start in the morning, and you will make sure Jisung is safe at all times."

"I understand."

He nodded. "Stop by in the morning and get your things, then you will go straight to Shik AI."

"Yes sir."

You stood up and grabbed your case file, making your way towards his door. "Y/N?"

You turned back around. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry I ruined your night of fun."

You smiled. "It's okay, sir. I will get that day off one day, though."

Later that night, when you were in the shower, you thought about your work. You did this often, and truly counted your blessings. There were countless times where you encountered a near death experience while assigned to a case, and it made you wonder what would happen in every upcoming case you were assigned to.

You got out of the shower and wrapped yourself up in a towel. You hummed as you got dressed and sat at your desk, opening your case file. Jisung was the same age as you, and his records had poster child written all over them, so it made you wonder what could've made him a target to gang members.

You sighed and closed the case file, locking it up in the safe underneath your desk. You climbed into the warm sheets of your bed and looked up at your ceiling, mentally preparing yourself for the day you had ahead of you.

-

a/n: i know this chapter is short and not very action packed, but it's only the first chapter. also, i'll probably post once every week, unless i want to post more. i just don't want this book to go by too fast, you know?

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and i hope you enjoy upcoming chapters as well.