twenty seven.

-

-

You put your clip in your gun and put it in your holster, then you gathered the boys as they all grabbed their gear, heading to Shik AI.

"So, what do we do when we get there?" Felix asked.

"I'll go in there, Jisung will go with me. Chan and Changbin will stay outside if they try to get away, and the rest of you will follow Felix inside, since he has an ID for the building, then you'll scatter. Make sure your earpieces are working, and try to stay close to each other."

"Ma'am, yes ma'am." Minho playfully saluted.

It didn't take long to get to Shik AI, and as soon as Chan parked, you and Jisung got out. "Wait until I say to move in."

You shut the door and walked inside with Jisung, showing the door watchers your credentials and going straight past them. You went to computer forensics and quietly walked through the room, telling the boys to move in since you had eyes on both men. Conveniently, they were sitting next to each other, so you snuck up behind them and watched as they pressed the space bar angrily.

"Looks like you don't know what you're doing." You said.

They turned around, and Joshua reached down, so you pulled your gun and held it up. One of the security guards for the department started walking towards you, so you flashed your credentials as you kept your eyes on the men in front of you, and he backed off.

Jinwoo got up, and he looked at you funny. "You're not gonna stop me from running?"

"You can run." You said.

He did so, but you weren't worried about it. You yanked Joshua out of his chair and took his weapon, patted him down, then you cuffed him and walked him out of the department. You smirked as you saw Changbin with his foot on Jinwoo's back, handcuffing him.

All of you walked them out of the building, and when everyone got to the car, Jinwoo pushed back on his heels. "How are we all supposed to fit in this car?" He asked.

"We're tying you to the back of the car and dragging you to custody." You said.

"Wait," he said. "Are you serious?"

"No, I'm not serious. Get in the car!" You barked.

He flinched and got in the car, Joshua following him. "Where are you gonna sit, Y/N?" Jisung asked.

"Right here." You replied.

You sat on his lap, and his hand went to your waist to keep you balanced, while yours went to your gun incase it needed to be drawn.

"Wow," Jinwoo grumbled. "Imagine if your mother found out you were sitting in random guys laps."

You let out a bitter laugh. "Imagine if your mother found out you were killing people for a living."

"My mothers dead." He remarked.

"So is mine," you replied. "But I'm sure you already knew that."

You were waiting anxiously in the kitchen. You had never been hesitant towards an interrogation, and you hated the fact that you were towards this one. You felt your blood pulse every time you thought about going down into the basement, and you didn't think you'd be able to contain your anger if you looked at them one more time.

"Y/N."

You jumped slightly and turned toward the source of your name, finding Jisung. "Hey." You whispered.

"What's wrong? You've been spaced out for nearly an hour." He said.

You grabbed your head and sighed. "They killed my mother, Jisung. I don't know if I can play fair down there. I mean, they're handcuffed, they can't fight back. What if I lose it while I'm interrogating and just-"

He grabbed your shoulders and shook his head. "You won't do that, because then you won't get your answers, and they wouldn't be properly put to justice. You're too good of an agent to slip like that, Y/N. You'll be okay down there, and I'll go with you, if you want."

"Yeah, come with me." You said, stepping slightly closer to him. "And don't be afraid to grab me if I get too close."

He nodded slowly, and the two of you went down into the basement. It was silent, the only noise bouncing off the walls being yours and Jisung's footsteps. You grabbed a chair and angrily sat it in front of the two men, sitting in it.

"What do you want?" Joshua growled.

"Answers." You replied.

Jinwoo rolled his eyes and writhed in the cuffs. "Your mother is dead! That's that!" He yelled.

You bit your lip to keep from screaming back at him. "I'm very aware that she is dead, Jinwoo, and I know that I can't bring her back. What I want to know is why my father hired you to kill her."

"Why don't you take it up with him?" Joshua smirked. "He's out on parole in a few days."

"Oh, I know." You said, getting up from your chair. "I was thrown into a lake because of it."

"Too bad you're still alive." Joshua muttered.

You smiled bitterly and put your hands on the side of his chair. "Tell me why he wanted her dead! Why does he want me dead?!"

Jinwoo leaned forward again. "Maybe you look too much like mommy." He pouted sarcastically.

"Your attitude changed. I thought you were the quiet, ignorant one." You smirked. "Maybe you're just mad because a woman handcuffed you to a chair and left you in a basement."

"Yeah. I'm not used to being the one in a basement. Take your mother for example-"

You grabbed the arms of his chair this time, getting in his face. "You will not disrespect my mother by talking about her death. If you keep running your mouth, you won't talk ever again. Am I understood?!"

His only reaction to you yelling at him, was to sit back and stare at you angrily. You backed up and looked between both of them, then you turned on your heels and headed for the stairs.

"You're just going to leave us here?!" Joshua yelled.

"No, I'm going to treat you like my guest and make you a five course meal." You snarked. "Yes, I'm leaving you here!"

You and Jisung went back up and shut the door, and you turned to him, sighing. "Get Jeongin and Seungmin, please. I want them to check up on these guys' loved ones."

He nodded and you went to your bedroom, falling onto your bed as if you hadn't slept in days. It was nearly an hour later, and you were staring to fall asleep, when Jeongin burst into your bedroom.

"Y/N! Joshua has an eight year old daughter!"

-

a/n: i know it seems like i'm really inactive, but i try to update quite a bit, sometimes twice a week. i'll be updating again on sunday🥺🥺