twenty three.

-

-

"You were thrown into a lake with weights around your waist?" Ki-Bum asked slowly. "And you're still staying with the gang?"

"They saved my life, Ki-Bum." You paused. "And you only think that I'm not safe because it happened while I'm currently staying with them. My attackers would have abducted me regardless, except I'm staying with the boys, so those guys had to scout me out here."

"Then why didn't they get you at their house, rather than yours?"

"Because they knew they wouldn't stand a chance against eight men and a federal agent all together. They set up microphones in the house so they could listen for an opening opportunity, and they found out that Chan was taking me to my apartment. That's when they took that opening and broke into my apartment." You explained.

"How'd they know Chan wouldn't go in with you?" He asked.

"They didn't. They took a risk with that." You paused to flip a pancake. "But those guys were big, so they could've easily knocked Chan out long enough to get me out of my apartment."

You heard him sigh on the other end. "I'm just worried, Y/N."

"I know, and I'll be honest, I was scared. If it weren't for the guys I'd be dead right now, so try to be thankful to them, okay?" You said.

"Fine. I'll try." He replied. "And Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"I love you, and please stay safe."

You smiled and flipped another pancake. "I love you too, Ki-Bum."

You hung up and stuck your phone in your back pocket, making nine plates and setting them on the large kitchen table. You wiped your hands clean and went down the hallways, knocking on everyone's doors to wake them up. They all groggily opened their doors and walked out, looking at you as if you had ruined the most important thing to them.

"Y/N, honey, it's eight in the morning." Minho grumbled.

You hummed sarcastically. "I've been up since six, Minho. You'll live."

"You made breakfast for us?" Seungmin smiled.

"Of course, you guys really deserve it." You responded.

Chan smiled and ruffled your hair. "Thank you."

You all sat down at the table and began eating, and Changbin leaned forward slightly. "Why did Jisung come out of your bedroom, Y/N?"

You looked up, caught off guard at his statement. "He- well, we may have slept together last night." Minho raised a suggestive eyebrow, and you rolled your eyes. "We slept, Minho. That's it."

Jisung's cheek were pink, and Changbin was playfully making fun of him from across the table. You smiled to yourself and continued on with breakfast, comfortable conversation filling the room as everyone finished. It was like you were sitting with long lost family members.

Everyone rinsed their plate and went back to their rooms to shower and change, including you. After your shower, you cleaned your wound again, put on some leggings and an oversized sweatshirt, then you went back out to the living room.

Once you saw that everyone was there, you stood in the middle of the room. "I've hidden guns all around the house. You guys have to find them in under twenty five minutes, only going by the feeling that it's there."

Jeongin's eyes went wide. "Y/N, we don't have that talent like you do."

"You think I was born with it?" You smiled, clicking the timer on your phone. "I was trained, now go."

They got off the couch in a frenzy, running around the house like toddlers in a daycare. Jisung found one under the couch, Seungmin found one above the cabinets, and Felix found one behind the blinds, but there were still seven guns left.

"You're down to ten minutes and there are still seven guns to find." You said.

"How did you do this? They're impossible to find!" Hyunjin groaned.

You paced around the room and smiled fondly. "My mother always told me to expect the unexpected, think inside of the box sometimes, too."

Jeongin stopped in his tracks and turned to the table by the couch, opening the drawer and pulling a gun out.

"Good," you said. "But it's always good to think outside of the box, as well."

They ended up finding three more, which meant three of them were undiscovered. "Can you show us where the rest of them are." Chan asked.

You nodded and went to the vent in the living room, pulling it down and pulling out the eighth gun. You proceeded to the kitchen, where you pulled one out from a drawer, then back into the living room, pulling another from behind the gaming systems.

"What was the point of this, again?" Felix asked.

"If you're in someone else's house, it's always good to know that there could be a gun somewhere. It keeps you aware, and whether or not you get good at finding them, it could keep you from getting shot." You replied.

"Where do you keep yours?" Hyunjin asked.

"One under my pillow and one in my safe." You told him, then you looked around. "But don't tell anyone."

You smiled as they laughed together, then you and Chan put the guns back up in their place.

For the rest of the day, you and the boys trained, and it was like a movie, where the only scenes were the boys being thrown down continuously.

"Y/N," Changbin panted. "Have you ever heard the phrase 'take it easy?'"

"If someone's trying to kill you, 'take it easy' isn't in their vocabulary, Changbin." You smiled.

You weren't aware of it, but Jisung was coming up behind you, and he grabbed your arm to turn you around, then he kicked your foot out from under you. You fell onto your back, and he held your right wrist the the ground, your other wrist against your chest.

"I can finally say that I've taken down a federal agent." He smiled.

You laughed, then stopped abruptly. "Jisung, you're hurt. You're not supposed to be-"

"You're hurt, too! I completely forgot, I'm so sorry."

He helped you off the ground and you pushed your hair back. "I forgot that I was hurt, actually." You confessed.

"Me too." He said. "I can't even feel it anymore."

You smiled and patted his chest. "Then I guess you won't be taken down for a while, newbie."

-