ninteen.

-

-

After you woke up the next morning, you sat in bed zoning out. The one year of your mothers passing was coming up, and it was hitting you harder than you expected. Only when someone knocked, did you focus on what was happening.

"Come in."

The door opened and Jisung came in, and he leaned on the door frame. "Breakfast is ready. Chan says that you guys have some stuff planned for us?"

"Yeah, we do." You said as you got off your bed. "You know what I've been thinking about?"

"Hm?"

"I'm still here, so I'm guessing you never told them to let me leave." You smiled.

He pursed his lips and tilted his head up, like royalty. "Maybe I don't want you to leave."

You smiled and walked to your bathroom, where you quickly brushed your teeth, along with your hair, then the two of you met up with everyone in the living room.

"So," Chan started. "Last night, I asked Y/N if she'd help me train all of you, and she said that she would, and that's what we'll be doing the majority of the day. Don't cry if she throws you down a couple times, she's had federal training."

Minho scoffed. "I bet I could take her down."

"Minho, I wouldn't-"

Jeongin cut himself off as you grabbed Minho's fist, which he swung at you, and you twisted him arm and made him turn away from you, kicking the back of his leg to where he fell to his knees.

"-Try that." Jeongin finished.

You let go of Minho's arm, and he got up in a flustered manner, pouting as he sat back down next to Seungmin.

"And this is why she's helping. Between the two of us, all of you will get some pretty decent tips." Chan said. "Go change and we'll start."

After all the boys went to their rooms and shut their doors, you turned to Chan. "Where are we doing this? Also, when are we doing weapon training, and where?" You asked.

"We have a basement dedicated to this type of stuff. It's soundproof, so the neighbors won't hear anything." He replied.

"Oh," you nodded. "Nice."

Once all the boys came back and they were in more comfortable clothes, Chan told Hyunjin, Changbin, and Jeongin to go with you, and he took Minho, Seungmin, and Felix.

"Wait, what about Jisung?" You asked.

"I was thinking we could train him together." He replied.

You smiled and looked at Jisung. "Because you're the newbie."

He smiled sarcastically and everyone went down to the basement. Chan and his group went to one side, and you and your group went to the other side. You and the boys stretched first, so they wouldn't accidentally hurt themselves during training.

"Who's first?" You asked once you were done stretching.

They looked between each other, and you started laughing as they began playing Rock Paper Scissors. Hyunjin lost, and he was pushed forward by the other two boys. You motioned him to come a little closer, and he did so cautiously.

"I'm not scary Hyunjin, I promise. You just have to watch your legs, and don't give me the chance to grab you." You said.

"Y/N, no offense," he started. "But you're kinda scary."

You put your hand over your heart dramatically. "My feelings."

"I'm sorry-"

As he was saying this, his shoulders slouched, so you took the opportunity to grab him and turn him around, putting him in a choke hold.

"Never let your enemy see your vulnerability. Feelings aren't important when you're in a life or death situation, unless it's your team, understood?"

He took in a shallow breath, his grip on your arm tight. "Understood."

You let him go and he immediately doubled over, and you heard Jisung laugh from behind you. "Hyunjin, you didn't even try!"

"Wait for your turn, newbie." You replied.

"Hey," he said. "Technically, you're new too."

You turned around and walked over to him, a couple inches away from his face. "Technically, I'm about to take you down and there's nothing you can do about it."

He smirked. "What kind of take me down, like-"

You smacked the back of his head and he stopped talking to rub the spot where you hit him. You walked back over to your group and got Jeongin in front of you.

"I'm scared." He whispered.

You smiled. "Don't be scared, Jeongin. The only thing you have to be scared of is not being able to protect your friends if something happens. You have to make mistakes to get better."

He nodded and sighed nervously. "What first?"

"First, don't take your eyes off of mine. It's easy to get distracted by looking at what's coming at you, but then you won't have a chance."

You moved your arm up, towards his chest, and he caught it before it could even touch him. You nodded in approval and put your leg behind his, taking his balance away as you kicked the back of his knee. He fell forwards, and you grabbed his shirt.

"Second, expect the unexpected." You said.

"Do you have a thing for legs?" Changbin asked.

"It depends-"

You looked back and cut Jisung off, as he turned away from you like he hadn't even said anything. You turned back to Changbin and nodded.

"Once someone loses their balance, it's slightly easier to take control of the situation." You told him.

He nodded as if he was absorbing the information, and it gave you a little spark of hope that he'd give you a challenge. He walked up to you and kept his eye contact, and he immediately went to grab your arm.

You caught his hand and went to knee him in the stomach, but he reacted quickly and moved out of the way. He turned you around and got you in a chokehold, but you elbowed him in the ribs and shimmied out of his grip. You bent down and grabbed his legs, taking him down with a thud on the mat.

"That was really good, Changbin." You complimented. "Probably better than Jisung will do."

Jisung gasped. "Hey!"

You laughed and helped Changbin up, and Chan just happened to be finished as well. You, him, and Jisung went to one of the mats and got in the middle of it, and you could tell Jisung was nervous by the way he was biting his lip.

"Nervous?" Chan questioned.

"Of course not. I was born ready." Jisung replied.

You laughed and grabbed the back of his knee, making him immediately fall. "Don't stand with your legs so spread out, it's a vulnerable position."

He stood back up and huffed angrily. Chan took a swing at him, so you grabbed Jisung's other arm and pulled, bringing him down with your weight. You put his hands behind his back and held them, as Chan held his head to the mat.

"You guys aren't even giving me a fighting chance!" Jisung pouted.

"Jisung, people don't normally give fighting chances in an actual fight." Chan said.

Chan took his hand off of his head, and you removed your hands from his wrists, so he turned around underneath you. You bent down slightly to be right above him, and you made direct eye contact.

"You'll learn, newbie."

-