twenty eight.

-

-

You ran your hand over your blazer a few times as you walked up the steps of the nice house. You knocked on the door, and a beautiful woman in her late twenties opened the door.

"Hello!" She smiled. "What can I do for you?"

You showed her your credentials, and her smile faltered slightly. "Agent L/N. I'm just here to ask a few questions about your husband." You told her.

"Of course. Come in." She said, letting you through the door. "Is he in trouble?"

You looked around for Joshua's daughter, and she wasn't around. "Yes, Mrs. Kim."

She sat on the couch with a deep sigh. "What happened?"

You dismissed her question and sat down. "How long have you and your husband been together?" You asked.

"Nine years." She replied.

"Any problems? Suspicious behavior, odd statements, bursts of rage?"

"Um, no." She answered quickly, moving to the edge of her seat. "What is this about, Agent L/N."

You were about to open your mouth, but you heard footsteps come down the stairs, then there was a little girl standing in front of you. "Who are you?" She asked curiously.

"You can call me Y/N." You told her. "What's your name?"

"Hyeon. It's very nice to meet you, Y/N." She stuck her hand out, and you gladly shook her hand. "So, what are you guys talking about?"

"Hyeon-"

"It's okay, Mrs. Kim. We were just talking about your father." You told her.

You saw her expression change for a split second, but then it went back to normal. "Is he okay?" She asked.

You stayed quiet for a moment, then nodded. "He'll be okay, Hyeon."

"Would you like some tea, Agent L/N?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"Yes, thank you." You smiled. "And please, call me Y/N."

You and Hyeon followed her into the kitchen, and both of you sat at the table. She tapped your arm, so you looked over at her, and you realized that she was signing to you. She was telling you that her father had been acting strange for about a year now, and that he sometimes scared her. She said that she was worried about him, and that she hoped he hadn't done anything bad.

You signed back and told her that everything would be okay, and that she shouldn't be scared of him.

"Will you please tell me why you're here, Y/N?"

Mrs. Kim sat your tea down, along with hers, and joined you and her daughter at the table. "This is going to sound very harsh," You paused and looked over at Hyeon. "But he is suspected of murder."

"No," Mrs. Kim, shook her head. "Absolutely not! Joshua is a good man, and he would never do something like that!"

"Mrs. Kim, I was not trying to upset you, but I won't lie to you about what's happening." You said.

"How dare you have the audacity to say that in front of my daughter! Get out of my house, now!"

You got up and looked at Hyeon as she subtly signed. 'It seems like he's been hiding something.'. "Thank you for your time, Mrs. Kim. I am terribly sorry for this disturbance."

She didn't reply, only kept her arms crossed and watched you walk out of her house. You got in your car and sighed, heading back to the house.

"So, how did it go?" Seungmin asked.

You had just walked into the door, and all the boys were in the living room. "Good. Well, not with Mrs. Kim, but with Hyeon, their daughter. She was signing to me so her mother wouldn't overhear our conversation. Very smart girl." You told them.

"She knew something?" Chan asked.

"She told me that he had been acting strange for over a year, which is around the time that my mother passed away, and that he sometimes scares her. When I told her mother that Joshua is suspected of murder, she got pretty angry, but Hyeon told me that it seemed like he's been hiding something." You said. "That little girl has probably seen some things that no child should see."

"Okay," Jisung started. "What was the point of finding his family, again?"

"They keep using my mother against me, so I figured I would use their loved ones against them." You replied. "A lot of men's weaknesses are their daughters. Seungmin, can you get me a picture of Hyeon?"

"Sure." Seungmin nodded. "By the way, Jinwoo doesn't have any family left, so you could probably use that against him."

You smiled. "Thank you, Seungmin."

He handed you the picture and you went straight to the basement, where you found both men asleep. You went behind them and tugged harshly on the chains of the handcuffs, and they jerked awake. You sat in the chair in front of them and leaned back calmly.

"What'd you wake us up for?" Jinwoo questioned.

"You say that as if you're important enough to to have the luxury of sleep." You replied. "I'm here to talk about family."

"Not yours. One half of yours is dead." Joshua smirked.

"Unfortunately, but yours isn't." You pulled the picture out and faced it towards him. "Who taught her sign language?"

"Her mother." He whispered. "She signed to you?"

"Of course she did. She didn't want her mother hearing what she had to say." You sighed. "Guess what she told me. Take a wild guess."

"That she misses me." He said.

"She said that she hopes you didn't do anything bad." You said. "But she also told me that you scared her."

"She is not scared of me!"

"Face it, Joshua. Your kid is scared of you." Jinwoo commented. "It happens to the best of us."

"You wouldn't know. You don't have any family, Jinwoo." You said.

He rolled his eyes at you, and you focused your attention back on Joshua. "She didn't tell you that." He whispered.

You signed to him what Hyeon signed to you. "That's exactly what she said to me, 'Sometimes, he scares me.' When I told your wife and Hyeon that you were suspected of murder, she signed, 'It seems like he's been hiding something.' What has your little girl seen to make her think that?!"

"Nothing!" He yelled. "I treat my daughter like she's a princess! I don't want her to be scared of me!"

"Then make it right." You growled. "Tell me why my father wanted my mother dead, so that I can tell her you cooperated to help save lives."

"How would I be helping save lives?" He questioned.

"Because, with my father on the loose," you paused. "No one is safe."

-