four.

-

-

You woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast, so you sluggishly walked into the kitchen. "I said I'd make breakfast, Ki-Bum."

He looked at you and smiled. "I don't get to see you very often, and you need more sleep than me, so I decided to make breakfast."

You smiled and sat down at the table. "Thank you. I needed the sleep I got last night."

He made two plates of food and brought them to the table, setting one of them in front of you. "You know, I talk about you all the time to the kids in my lessons."

You looked up and tilted your head, a small smile playing at your lips. "Really?"

"All the time, and the kids that I've had in lessons for a couple of years, always ask about you," he said. "And some of the younger kids call you a super hero."

You smiled and took a bite of food. "That's so sweet."

"It really is," he smiled, then his expression changed slightly. "Do you still do that thing with the water?"

"Where I check to see if I'm still alive?" You asked, rather casually.

"Yeah," he looked up from the stove. "Do you still do that?"

"Probably twice a week."

"Why? You've done that ever since-"

"I know," you sighed, your hand finding a spot on your face. "I'm just scared. I like the reassurance that my heart is still beating healthily in my chest, because I'm scared."

"Well, you're very much alive, Y/N. You will be for a long time." He said.

With a quick nod, you eventually finished your breakfast so that you could take a quick shower. You dried off and put your clothes on, getting everything ready and going back out to tell Ki-Bum bye. He was on the couch with a blanket, and he had turned your tv on.

"Bye, Ki-Bum. Don't throw any parties." You smiled.

He laughed and leaned up to give you a hug. "I can't make any promises. Be safe."

You nodded and left, making sure to lock the door behind you. On the way to Shik AI, you wondered about Jisung. Mainly about how he could be a potential target, really. He seemed so sweet and well mannered, but you knew all too well that people could be deceiving.

You pulled into the parking lot and got out, making your way inside. As you were about to get to your department, you were stopped by Mr. Yoon.

"Miss L/N. Has there been anything odd going on in your department, anything suspicious?" He asked.

You shook your head. "No, sir. Why do you ask?"

"Before you got here, there was an odd power outage, but it was only for a millisecond. I'm asking about suspicious behavior because the outage seemed to be traced back to Jisung's computer."

"Everyone's been on track in my department, sir."

He nodded. "Okay. Well you have a good day, Miss L/N."

"You too, sir."

By the time he was out of your sight, you were already in the elevator. You remembered Jiyeon talking about the tech room upstairs, and that it was usually empty, and that's where you planned to track the source of the outage. When you got to the tech room, you put your thumb against the panel and the door unlocked, so you pushed it open and shut it behind you.

You sat down and took your laptop out of your bag, working on hacking Jisung's computer. If you got into his computer, you could trace the hack into the control panel. You had a pretty good feeling that Jisung wasn't the one who shut the power off, so you were sure you would find something. You went into his emails and sure enough, you found a fake antivirus email. You clicked on it to see if you could trace it back to the computer that sent it, but it was a dead end.

You got out of Jisung's computer and hacked into the control panel, not to shut the power off, but to see what went down during the outage. You looked at the before and after of the outage, and you noticed that a file was missing, so you clicked on it. Before the outage, Jisung's file was placed in the employee files, but after the outage, it was gone.

Someone hacked into the control panel and shut down the power to get Jisung's file without being detected, and they just so happened to use Jisung's computer to distract everyone from what was really happening.

You pulled your phone out and called your boss, impatient as it rang.

"Y/N?"

"Sir, someone hacked into the company computers and stole Jisung's employee file."

You heard him sigh on the other end. "Pull Jisung to the side and ask him what was on his file, mainly to see if his address was on his file. Tell him that Mr. Yoon has to rewrite it, and he's too busy to ask Jisung himself. If so, you're going to need to keep watch at his house."

"Yes, sir."

You hung up and shut your laptop, rushing back downstairs, not even taking the time to wait for the elevator. You calmly walked into your department, trying not to draw attention to yourself, but everyone was looking at you anyways.

"Where have you been?" Jeongwu asked.

"I've been busy with something." You replied.

You looked over and caught eyes with Jisung, and you subtly nodded your head towards the door. He got the point and stood up, so you opened the door for him and shut the door after yourself.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

You sighed. "Yeah. Mr. Yoon wanted me to ask you about everything that was on your employee file. He's redoing yours, but he's too busy to come down here and ask you for your information himself."

"Oh, okay." Jisung replied.

You took out a note pad and pretended to write down the information he was telling you, and sure enough, his address was on his file.

"Thank you, Jisung."

He smiled. "Yeah, of course."

The two of you walked back in, and all you could think about was the long night ahead of you.

-

a/n: since i'm on break should i update twice a week?