Chapter 15- Percy

Start from the beginning

Apollo was standing there, looking intently at the work going on.

"Soon." He murmured. He turned to an old, shrivelled up lady next to him. "Pythia. You shall be my priestess. It is a great honour."

Percy thought that the woman looked like she couldn't even get up, much less perform her duties, but the woman nodded eagerly.

The scene redissolved, and another one came up.

It was of the temple, this time completed, and there were three figures in the middle of it.

This time, Apollo was in full fighting gear, battling a monster.

The mighty Python. It was nothing like a snake, like Percy had imagined. It had a body made of dirt and gravel. An earth sprit.

"You troubled my mother Leto, you cursed animal. You now haunt my sacred temple." Apollo said. "You will suffer for it."

As Apollo cut off the Python's head, several things happened. There was blinding light, and the Python's head was on the floor. Then Percy saw some of Apollo's soul just leaving his body, entering Pythia, his priestess, who had been watching the fight.

Percy couldn't explain how it happened, but his soul went into Pythia, and she stood up straight, looking vigilant and ready for a fight.

"You will be my Oracle." Apollo told her. "The spirit of Delphi resides in you now. You have the power to speak prophecies, my priestess."

Then the earth started moving. From it rose another creature. Percy thought the Python had risen again, but it was a woman. He recognised her immediately. But she was someone he had not expected, nor had heard of being in this myth.

"Gaea." Apollo scowled. "What are you doing on my sacred ground?"

"You fool." Gaea said slowly, but there was anger in her voice. "This is my sacred ground. There used to be a temple dedicated to me right here, but it was torn down. You have created a shrine for yourself on my ground, and now killed my son. You will suffer. I curse you, Phoebus Apollo. One day, eons from now, you will be blamed for turning me against you. There will be a war, and it will be your fault for beginning it."

The scene disappeared as Gaea melted into the ground, and now Apollo and Zeus were talking to each other.

"But father," Apollo said rather desperately, "She has cursed-"

"Silence!" Zeus held up a hand. "We shall not speak of this anymore. Do not reveal what Gaea has said. She only causes trouble. If a time like this does come, it will not be for ages. The spirit of Delphi will then cease, unless you do something about it. For now, let the stories of how Apollo conquered the Python not include the curse. It will trouble others."

Apollo nodded, bowed one more time, and left the room.

The scene changed, and Apollo was muttering to himself, sitting on the steps of his temple.

"Let the stories not include the curse...I will be blamed... The spirit of Delphi will cease, unless I do something..."

He suddenly clapped his hands, and said. "Petra."

A young woman suddenly appeared by his side.

"For months," Apollo said, "You have been bothering me. You say you wish to become high priestess, but I already have one. You say you would serve me, you want to perform the duties of the high priestess. However, I have another kind of work for you. Would you be willing?"

The woman smiled in delight. "Of course, my Lord. It is my wish to serve you as high priestess, but I will do whatever you desire."

"Good. I shall make you my Oracle. My second Oracle. A spirit which nobody will know about. You have an important role. Once I make you my Oracle, you are to leave immediately. Do not tell anyone of this. Travel as far as you can. Once you reach a far enough land, build a small shrine dedicated to me. Stay there until the time is right. You will need to take a rest. Sleep for eons, until a hero worthy enough awakens you at the right time. I will shroud you with my magic best as I can, and only someone extremely brave shall wake you. Once you wake, the spirit of Delphi will reawaken, and prophecies shall continue. You will have some consciousness, though. Your mind will pick a hero, and help him to find you and out you to rest."

The woman nodded. "I shall do exactly as you say, sire. I will pick the worthiest hero Greece has ever seen, and make sure that in the time of when the Oracle ceases, I will bring it back."

The scene, once again changed, and kept on shifting. It showed the woman, Petra, walking through the land, fighting off monsters, and fending herself from thieves. It shifted to her finally reaching a place of barren ground, and stopping.

"Here," she said, "The Oracle shall sleep, and be awoken." She started building a shrine to Apollo.

For the last time, the scene shifted, and it showed the same barren ground where the woman had arrived at. The place where she had started to build a shrine was in ruins, and Percy could not tell if there had been a shrine there or not.

Four persons were walking through the ground, and Percy realised that this was much later than before.

A woman, from the group said, "Here! The grounds are perfect. We shall build it here."

Another of the group, a man frowned. "Rowena, it seems like a good site, but something feels wrong about this place."

The second woman of the group interrupted. "It feels rather magical. I am with Rowena, Salazar. We should build a school here, where hundreds will come to learn magic, and we shall name it Hogwarts. It will be the greatest school for witchcraft and wizardry ever opened."

Everybody else except for Salazar nodded.

And then the scene dissolved for the last time, the illumination leaving the room. The fountain suddenly burst, and water sprayed everywhere. Harry and Percy ran out, past the dragon too, and into the third floor corridor.

_________________________________________
Two updates in a row for abandoning this story for months. Here you go!

Can I get some votes and comments please, because there were close to none on the last chapter. Your votes, comments, and death threats motivate me so much, guys. The more you pester me, the faster I write.

Also, if you're into teen fiction with some completely original stories, check out my new book Summer Scape. It's hilarious(at least I think it's hilarious) and in my opinion, much better written than this book.

So

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SEND DEATH THREATS

-Anna