Chapter 8- Percy

Percy

"So let me get this straight. There was an evil wizard named Voldemort, and he basically tried to take over the wizarding world. The guy tried to make himself immortal by makng these things called horcruxes. He made seven of them by killing seven people. And then he hid all of them in different places. And then this guy called Harry Potter came along. Voldemort had lost power because he had tried to kill ths Harry guy. And then Voldemort came back at the end of Harry's first year at Hogwarts and tried to steal the sorcerer's stone, in which he miserably failed. Harry destroyed a horcrux, rediscovered the Chamber of Secrets, found his godfather wasn't actually a mass murderer, and then got selected in the Triwizard Tournament, in which an evil impersonator Death Eater disguised as a teacher, put his name in. He then got transported along with Cedric Diggory to a graveyard where the actual mass murderer who have information to Voldemort made Voldemort rise again. Harry escaped and told everyone about it but nobody believed him, and Voldemort got into his head and starting messing up his mind, due to which he went to the Department of Mysteries, where Sirius Black died. Then he basically went on a horcrux treasure hunt, and the evil potions master, Snape, killed Dumbledore, and then Harry, along with Ron and Hermione, destroyed the horcruxes. There was a huge war at Hogwarts, and Voldemort finally kicked the bucket."

His mother looked proud. " You finally got it."

"Yeah. But why do I need to know this?"

"Because every kid in the wizard ing world knows it. And you also need to realize the importance of the story, since you are related to Harry."

Percy looked suprised. "I'm related to Harry?"

"Yes."

"How?"

"Cousins."

Percy frowned, but he knew that his mother wasn't going to reveal anymore information. But he had another question.

"Mom? Did you go to Hogwarts too?"

She looked taken aback. "Of course I did."

"But I thought your parents died in a airplane crash and you lived your uncle. You left college to take care of him!"

"No Percy, I didn't. My parent didn't die until I was old enough to take of myself. And in honesty, I left the wizarding world years ago after the death of James and Lily."

Did she know them personally? Percy thought, but didn't voice it out.

"Why did you leave the wizarding world?"

What Percy heard next was one of the strangest things, and he knew of a lot of strange things.

"They should have given him to me. Legally, I was supposed to care of him. I could've raised him along with you. But Dumbledore had to give him to Petunia, of all people. Petunia! She hated the sight of Harry! She didn't want him! I would've taken him in gladly! But Dumbledore had to give him to her! It has to be blood from the mother's side. Well, why? The father's blood is just as fine! But he didn't want to take the chance! What if Lily's blessing only constrains to her own blood? No Sally, it has to be her, not you. See how that turned out!"

"Uh, what?"

His mom looked at him as if she's just noticed that he was present in the room.

"Doesn't matter. I'll tell you when the time comes. Only the teachers at Hogwarts will really know what happened."

"Oh-kay, I guess."

His mom looked at him. But Percy had way too many questions in mind. And he planned on asking all of them.